Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELLLPPP please, my iphone 3g failed to restore jailbreak iphone blank screen:(

Default HELLLPPP please, my iphone 3g failed to restore jailbreak iphone blank screen:(
    Ok well i need some serious help,

I have an iPhone 3g i jail broke it and all was fine until i updated mobile substrate and thought it had frozen half way through restarted making it unable to boot.
    so i put it into DFU mode to restore i tried restoring off my jailbroken custom firmware with no luck, i then exited itunes unplugged replugged in iphone and then tried to update it with the jailbroken custom firm ware again with eror 1601, after that itunes would no longer talk to my phone both mac and windows.
    The iphone isnt responding at all either it just has a black screen like its off

i have no idea what to do at all please help me

oh and i forgot to mention its 3.0 well was now its nothing

Did you try to restore with official firmware and then jailbreak? If you are trying to restore with custom firmware that might be the problem.

No i tried to restore with the custom firmware as i thought it would just install the jailbroken version again i should have restroed the normal and then re jailbroken, but now my iphone wont respond to itunes at all its like its stuck in a DFU mode but doesnt communicate with itunes

boy i wish i could help more. I know there was a way to put your ipod into a disk mode to restore. try googling that see if it works for the iphone.
    I will look too.

good luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to miket43 For This Useful Post:

bugs6666 (2009-06-23)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

You can try and kick it out of DFU mode by re-doing the DFU mode steps but right afterward click the power button for 2 seconds.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Poseidon79 For This Useful Post:

bugs6666 (2009-06-23)

Poseidon79, it worked,
    thank god i really apreiciate it your a LEGEND!!!!

and miket43 thankyou for the help as well(Y)

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You can try and kick it out of DFU mode by re-doing the DFU mode steps but right afterward click the power button for 2 seconds.
    Right after the apple logo appears?

Kick ***. I hate to see a wasted iphone. Congrat!

hi i have tried it but it will not work this is what i did

hold power button for 3 sec
    then hold home and power 10 sec
    the just home for 30 sec
    then power for the 2 sec

is that right or is there somthing else

Default Hi Poseidon I need your help,
    Hi Legend i need your help. I have a iphone 2g 3.1.2 it was on lock or jailbreak but it freeze an my son connected to the computer an now it no longer jailbreak. everytime i try to jailbreaked again with blackra1n goes into a blank screen, i have try to restore with a unlock version but it dont let me . can you please help me with this?