Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problems with themes in jailbroken 3.0

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Problems with themes in jailbroken 3.0
    I just did a jailbreak on OS 3.0 and themes that I use via Winterboard do not display as they did with the various OS 2.x versions. Specifically, they display as they should with the exeception that the wallpaper doesn't display at all...all I get is a black background This happen with all themes. Does anyone have any clues as to what may be going on?
    thx,
    jonR

Mine have been showing up with or without the status bar being displayed. All of our themes were built for use on earlier firmware, just like all our apps, so we just have to be patient and let everything roll out. This firmware isn't even a week old (to us, at least), we just have to give it time.

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Thanks for the reply.
    Yeah, I understand that new firmware means that things may be buggy but I'm not sure if that potential instability should affect themes as much as it does apps...but that's a theoretical discussion....and one that I'm probably NOT qualified to take part in. <g>

With that said, I did seem to fix the problem by simply re-jailbreaking. I had to restore then jailbreak (the standard steps to put new firmware on an already jailbroken phone). I have no idea why it fixed it and how but now all my themes are working as they did pre-3.0.
    -jonR