Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Used Redsnow .. Wheres ICY ?

Default Used Redsnow .. Wheres ICY ?
    Where is ICY ? I used redsnow to get to 3.0 and upgrade .. Pwnagetool gives you the option to add it in the package , redsnow didn't ... ????

Livin the iPhone Life CaptainChaos's Avatar
    Thanks

There is a thread that offers Redsnow with Icy as an option. The download is a torrent.

iPhone? More like MyPhone i pimping's Avatar
    Thanks

its here iphonedev - TPB but dont use the updated one with icy yet couse cydia doesnt work it just keeps giving error 2

so how does this work if youre already flashed and in 3.0 jailbroken w/o it ?

should I just re-jailbreak over my jailbreak ?

[ How to install Icy? (formerly Installer) ]

Those of you who have jailbreaked your iPhone using redsn0w method above may have noticed no Icy(formerly Installer) on your iPhone. To install “Icy”, simply start “Cydia” on your jailbroken iPhone. It will prompt you to install upgrades, choose “Complete Upgrade” and then confirm the installation. Once this upgrade is done, restart “Cydia” and then follow the following steps:

1. Click on “Manage” and then click on "Sources”.
    2. Click on “Edit” and then click on “Add”.
    3. Enter “http://apt.ripdev.com” and then click on “Add Sources”. It will upgrade some files.
    4. Now click on “Done” and then click on “Search” to search for “Icy”.
    5. Find “Icy” (Only the word “Icy”) and install it.
    6. You should now have “Icy” installer on your iPhone home screen.

got it . thanks

[ How to install Icy? (formerly Installer) ]

Those of you who have jailbreaked your iPhone using redsn0w method above may have noticed no Icy(formerly Installer) on your iPhone. To install “Icy”, simply start “Cydia” on your jailbroken iPhone. It will prompt you to install upgrades, choose “Complete Upgrade” and then confirm the installation. Once this upgrade is done, restart “Cydia” and then follow the following steps:

1. Click on “Manage” and then click on "Sources”.
    2. Click on “Edit” and then click on “Add”.
    3. Enter “http://apt.ripdev.com” and then click on “Add Sources”. It will upgrade some files.
    4. Now click on “Done” and then click on “Search” to search for “Icy”.
    5. Find “Icy” (Only the word “Icy”) and install it.
    6. You should now have “Icy” installer on your iPhone home screen.

got it . thanks
    Last edited by andrewe13; 2009-06-22 at 08:41 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to andrewe13 For This Useful Post:

blakroz (2009-06-26), c1mermaid (2009-06-22), CaptainChaos (2009-06-23), shad0wishman (2009-06-28)

It worked for me Thanks...but now a question...why some apps that i download don't work at all? for instance...Storm keybord...from Cydia or Icy both don't work...anyone?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    what you could do is download icy seperate and ssh into your iphone/ipod touch *remember* delete cydia off iphone cause cydia and icy dont work well together