Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: tonefxs

Default tonefxs
    hello,
    sice the upgrade to 3.0 i have not bean able to use tonefxs wish i purchased from cydia,my computer tell me that there is no conection with the iphone,but itunes works just fine.is there anybody else out there using tonefxs,and are you able to use it,or are you having problems as well.

I have the same problem as well, I keep getting the same no iPhone detected message. I hope the creators of the program make a 3.0 patch for it because it was a great app to use.

Unhappy ToneFX Beware
    I too have issues with ToneFX as it wonít let me transfer files to my iPhone. I've sent several messages to support and no one has ever replied. I finally resorted to changing the files manually.

I felt the application was worth the $8.00 they had asked for but it looks like they just took my money and ran. I would tell anyone considering this program to donít waist your time until demo is fully working.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I'm waiting for an update too. I came to rely on this program on 2.2.1. I hope they come up with an update soon, as I dont think there is any other way to change alert tones (for the lay person, that is).

If anyone knows of another program like this, please let me know.

THanks,

Jon

I can't get ToneFX to work either. This is an email I had from the developer:

"Dear ToneFXs customer,
    ToneFXsCreator currently does not work with iTunes 8.2. We are aware of this and are working as fast as possible to fix this issue. In the mean time, below is an easy work around. Once again we are very sorry about this. This is the reason we accept donations cause we can’t guarantee how Apple changes thing on the iPhone and iTunes. However, we are very confident in the coming days we will be able to fix this. To this extent, we will like to offer you a special discount to Ringtone Expressions by Gx5, our sister company. Ringtone Expressions is the coolest and fastest way to get custom ringtones to your iPhone. Gx5 has agreed to give you a chance to sign up for a one time discount fee of $7.50. More details here.

Below is the work around to get your tonefxs from your computer to your iPhone:
    Launch ToneFXsCreator and create your tonefxs like you have done before. It will still pop up an error. Simply click Ok.
    Now go to CUsers\UserName\AppData\Roaming\ToneFXsCreator\tone fxsbackup to find the file you just created.
    Copy this file to the /var/mobile/Media/Efiko/SoundEffects folder on your iPhone and it will appear when next you launch ToneFXs on the iPhone."

Thanks

I've done the workaround from the email they sent, and it works fine. It's just not what we paid for. Hopefully an update comes soon, but I'm def not holding my breath.

Green Apple
    Thanks

I've been having trouble getting the program to work on my 3G S. Every time I download from Cydia, my phone goes into safe mode. I am able to open ToneFXs while in Safe Mode, but I am unable to reset and get into standard mode.

Any help would be appreciated.
    I jailbroke with Purplera1n

Thanks in advance,

Jon

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iainmann View Post
    Now go to C:UsersUserNameAppDataRoamingToneFXsCreatortonefxs backup to find the file you just created.
    Copy this file to the /var/mobile/Media/Efiko/SoundEffects folder on your iPhone and it will appear when next you launch ToneFXs on the iPhone."
    Does anyone know what the equivalent file path is on a Mac? The above file path has no corresponding equivalent on Mac and I even tried searching for the .caf files after using TonFXs but there's nothing.

I joined here to bump this old thread to also rant. Still getting the same problem, I paid for what seemed to be excellent software. This tool used to work but it now says the same stuff that the original poster complained about.

I have same issue Tonefxscreator worked fine untill i upgraded itunes to 9.1 now i get the message that itunes is not installed on this pc. have tried above method to no avail. any help would be apreciated.

I am having this problem as well. Any help would be appreciated.

We are aware of this and are working on this. It has to do with a change to
    iTunes 9.1. Thanks for your patience

Sincerely,

T.J.

Support

I got that e-mailed to me today from TJ at Tonfxs support.