Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Iphone 3G has no WiFi (cant catch wireless networks)

Question Iphone 3G has no WiFi (cant catch wireless networks)
    Hi All, I need your help -
    I bought my Iphone 3G yesterday and it was restored but I didnt know to which version.
    I came home and restored it to 2.2.1 with itunes (Shift+restore in DFU mode).
    Then i used QuickPwn 2.2.5 to jailbreak it.
    After jailbreaking succeeded I wanted to connect to my home WiFi (works fine on other iphone & laptop) but i couldnt find any networks availble... my WiFi option is NOT greyed out like I read in oher posts) and I have a "Network address" in my Iphone
    3G settings.
    I thought that something went wrong with this restore and it was when Devteam released "redsn0w", I restored it to 3.0 and jailbreak with "redsn0w".

* I didnt use "yellowsn0w" on 2.2.1 - just QuickPwn.
    * After restoring it to 2.2.1 on the first time my settings showed modem version 2.30 NOW after restoring it to 3.0 + jailbreak my modem version is 2.26.08 (How?!).

Anyway, I tried all possible ways from other forums nothing helped:
    - Restoring it to 2.2.1, 3.0 all over again (many time)
    - Delete all setting (network + setting) and restore.
    ANYTHING... believe me...

CAN SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS ISSUE? PLEASE....

waz up.... first make sure wifi is on...if it is put the iphone on airplane mode and then back to normal....then reset ur network setting....if that doesn't help restore and start from scratch....

Hi crodky86, thanks for your reply.
    You mean put the iphone to airplane mode -> back to normal -> restore all network settings -> restore again to 3.0 (Shift + Resore in DFU mode) ->
    Jailbreak with "redsn0w"... I did it, didn't help.

I have the same problem. I think maybe quickpawn is related. I used it and everyone I see complaining about this issue used it.
    If you get any updates, please let me know.

thanks