Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem with T-Mobile EDGE

Unhappy Problem with T-Mobile EDGE
    Hey I upgraded and jailbroke 3.0 today. I'm on tmobile and I can't get edge to work at all. I put the tzone internet on my plan today, but when I got to safari it says that my plan does not work with this phone. I tried putting the epc.tmobile.com in the APN and it didn't work. I even tried the iphone configuation tool to do the epc.tmobile.com and it didn't work either. I think its the same as just typing it in the apn in setting anyway.

When i go to safari with the apn filled out, it says subscription upgrade required. Then I can click a link and it brings me to a list of web plans. But i got tzones today and it should be working.

Does anyone know what i can do it get it working? I have a 1st gen iPhone with 3.0.

Any help is appreciated.

If you have a phone that is made for tmobile service, put your SIM card in that phone. Let it connect to the tower. Once you have signal, call you voicemail and then go to a web page or tzones on that phone. this will make sure all features of your service are connect. then put your SIM card in your iphone and try the web. This usually works for me on the 3G. Good luck

nahh it didnt work.. it takes me to the tzones screen and it says the subscription doesnt work with this phone.. i tried it with the epc.tmobile.com and it still didnt work... anymore suggestions ?

connect to wifi and go to Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone.

epc.tmobile.com is setup for tzones.
    if you have their internet plan, try internet2.voicestream.com

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ivd4ev For This Useful Post:

niZmo v2 (2009-06-21)

thank you! That **** worked. I really appreciate it. I've been literally trying to get the internet to work all day.