Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 2G w/ 3.0..Are there different versions?

Default iPhone 2G w/ 3.0..Are there different versions?
    Whats going on guys..Usually I never have to post because when I search I find my answer. So basically my first question post about an iPhone is here...Ive been around for about 7-8 months, so i got the lingo and know more then the basics so dont account me for a newb..

Anyway..I couldnt really find a straight answer with it but I already know the 2G is being deprived of MMS and tethering obviously hardware issues..But now wheres the video camera? I havent been able to find out if the 3G guys have the camera with the 3.0..im assuming you do..which is where I get to my point..

If i can have a video recorder on my 2G jailbroken...Why cant I have it with 3.0?..now if 3G has it and 2G doesnt that would mean each of the three phones have different types of the 3.0 version..

If I was able to get my hands on the 3.0 3G version..Can I just install it through iTunes with the i think it was Ctrl+A or something like that were you get to choose the version you want to use into my 2G?

possible? or would there be some software to hardware issues sucj as baseband..trouble starting apps..let me know what you guys think..if im wrong with anything let me know..Thanks

its shift+click update..my bad lol
    Last edited by joncav2222; 2009-06-20 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Cycorder will be available thru Cydia.
    No you can't use 3G firmware, different for 2G/3G/3GS