Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 2g to 2.2.1?

Default 2g to 2.2.1?
    ok, so my dad gave me his already unlocked 2g phone. It's firmware is 2.2, but I want to update to 2.2.1. So I downloaded quickpwn and went to update, but it says that the firmware isnt supported by quickpwn.

So...my actual question is this. Am I correct in assuming that all I have to do is update through itunes (which will lock it back up) and then run quickpwn to unlock it again?? Is that all?? Am I missing any steps? And when I do, will I be able to add MY info to it instead of having all his?

I'm on a mac osx if that matters. And I have NOT updated my itunes because I wasnt sure. Should I do that too??

I'm tempted to leave well enough alone LOL

Oh, and I also have an ipod touch, can I use that same itune account and it will have everything the same on both??

Thanks in advance

I forgot to add that he already unlocked it with quickpwn, so do I still have to start from scratch?
    Last edited by \me/; 2009-06-19 at 11:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Welcome to MMi
    You might as well upgrade to 3.0 since the jailbreak and unlock are available, more features.
    Here is a link to everything you need.

Default Thanks!
    so just to clarify...I use PWNAGE instead of quickpwn?? But first I update and lock it up again, then run all that like I'm doing it for the first time...right??
    lol
    I know I know...stupid questions probably asked a billion times LOl I just want to make sure I'm doing it right!
    ~C~

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

you got it buddy, this link will give you everything and answer questions you have

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

\me/ (2009-06-20)

Thank you SO much