Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: HELP: I can't downgrade v3.0 to 2.2.1!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Exclamation HELP: I can't downgrade v3.0 to 2.2.1!!!
    I have an iPhone 2g which i unlocked and jailbroke at v2.0. Everything worked fine and there were no problems. Then when i plugged in the iPhone into my computer, i got a message to upgrade my iPhone to 3.0. I thought, why not. So i downloaded and installed it and i realized that the iPhone was locked and at the factory defaults. I found out that there was no crack for 3.0 so i tried to downgrade the firmware. I put the iPhone into DFU mode and did the shift-click to install the firmware. I have the 2.2.1 firmware on my computer already. At first it seemed like it was downgrading but then i got an error. Error 20 to be exact. It said that the iPhone cannot be restored. I tried downgrading the iPhone to versions 2.0, 2.0.1, 2.0.2, and finally 2.2.1. None of the restores worked and i kept getting the Error 20. Can someone please help, i really want to use my iPhone but i want it unlocked and jailbroken. I don't want to activate it through Apple because i already have a different plan.

Am i doing something wrong? I have WinPwn and QuickPwn already installed.

Is my iPhone broken? It registers on itunes and works fine. Is there a software error?

Please help me!!!!

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Supposedly this is a itunes 8.2 thing, kinda like once you go 3.0 you never go back kind of thing, try dfu restore of 2.2.1 in itunes 8.1! This SHOULD work, if you get error 10xx while doing the restore in itunes 8.1, then use quickpwn 2.2.5-2 and jailbreak it, should be a -ok, i havent tested this but this is what it was for pre beta 5, no one has confirmed if this actualy works with the 3.0 gm/off builds. Let me know how it goes.

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

No you...put the phone in DFU mode install 2.2.1 you'll get an error open up quickpwn(i was only able to get this to work on a pc) It will tell you to hold the home AND power buttons for 15 seconds the JUST the power for 2 seconds.....and that should kick your phone out of recovery mode...And then you'll be on 2.2.1
    http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o260/cpjr1979/dc5274181cd827585d4bb6d16bedb210cop.png
    Steroids are yummy