Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Question About Jailnreaking.

Question Question About Jailnreaking.
    If you jailbreak your iPhone, and it becomes messed up (i.e. the battery needs replaced/ other technical problem), will apple be able to detect that you have jailbroken your phone even if you restore it before sending it in for repairs. On source I was reading said that Apple runs tests on the iPhones that get sent in to see if they have been jailbroken. I want to know this because I am considering jailbreaking my phone, my parents would kill me if I did, and I have the 2 year apple care plan warranty on my phone. I dont want this warranty to be voided because apple can detect a jailbroken phone, but I also dont want to wait 2 yrs before I can jailbreak my phone.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Restoring your phone will delete jailbreak/unlocked evidence.
    No worries, 1000's of people do it everyday.

Are you sure that apple doesn't run any tests on the phone. I really don't want to jailbreak it, have a problem with it, restore it, send it into apple, and find out that they have detected that I jailbroke my phone and my $70 warranty is void.

no worries, apple will not find out

Thanks

I heard from other posts that they can't detect? i hope its for sure they can't detect your unlock/jailbreak...

Thanks

you heard wrong....

I personally had an iPhone replaced via apple care that was previously jailbroken. Just do it. You'll be glad you did!