Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 downgrade

Default 3.0 downgrade
    Ive upgrades to 3.0 but ive decided that i dont really like it.
    my phone was a 2.2.1 jb evertything went ok.
    I'm wanting to go back to 2.2.1 but i just get errors either 20 or 1600.
    but before i get this error i get a windows popup saying ive go i high speed device in a non high speed port also
    It will let me redo 3.9 without any problems or the high speed message
    ive also put itunes on other computer that has never had it and did the same as above
    ive used itunes 8.2 and 7.7 that i found from searching here
    anyone have a good idea thanks

Use iTunes 8.1, put it into DFU mode and shift+Restore to 2.2.1
    Last edited by NeoNightmareX; 2009-06-19 at 03:01 AM.
    If I helped you, then hit the "Thanks!" button please.

Quote Originally Posted by Soodeh View Post
    I can't find Cydia on app store

working on it now ill let ya know how it works out. the crazy part of it is the pop up for the hi speed hub never had that happen before

Quote Originally Posted by darkmotives View Post
    working on it now ill let ya know how it works out. the crazy part of it is the pop up for the hi speed hub never had that happen before
    I'm actually in the same EXACT boat, let me know if you figure it out.

didn' work with 8.1. I think im going to try for one of the 3.0 beta's and see if they will even work

Still didnt work this one has got me, Never been stuck like this ive jb my phone several times
    Last edited by darkmotives; 2009-06-19 at 03:34 AM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by darkmotives View Post
    didn' work with 8.1. I think im going to try for one of the 3.0 beta's and see if they will even work

Still didnt work this one has got me, Never been stuck like this ive jb my phone several times
    From what i've read.... or at least some people have said you can't downgrade from 3.0 GM/Final. I am starting to feel like this is true... which SUCKS cause I won't have access to an AT&T sim till tomorrow. (I am stuck at the slide for emergency screen.)

tried with 3.0 beta no avail

iPhone? More like MyPhone Sadhunni's Avatar
    Thanks

If I were you, I will wait till 3.0 Jailbreak comes out. Downgrading back to 2.2.1, so far I heard no successful on OS 3.0 and I heard it worked on betas. As well, we wait till tomorrow. I am going through your way also but it was a accident. I press enter on carrier status everytime I plug in my phone and it upgraded my phone for me.. ><
    I am stuck and locked!

Ya i don't think we are going to get anywhere on this. I'm going to install 3.0 again and hope i have a restore file that will work.

im in the same boat ive tried everything from the older itunes to on my mac pc-using quick pwn on windows getting into dfu mode yanking the plug and popping it back in to itunes to restore to 2.02 ..... im going to have for for the dev team release. ****

I just hope with the jb we can downgrade. I really dont like 3.0 that much. I might if i give it more time but i played with the betas and 2.2.1 just seems way better. im on 2g ifone so i cant get some of the better features anyways

Quote Originally Posted by image0r View Post
    im in the same boat ive tried everything from the older itunes to on my mac pc-using quick pwn on windows getting into dfu mode yanking the plug and popping it back in to itunes to restore to 2.02 ..... im going to have for for the dev team release. ****
    AHA! I figured it out... I went to my other PC which doesn't have and never has been updated to iTunes 8.2 and it let me put my phone in DFU and then downgrade right back to 2.2.1~!

No matter what you do it won't allow you to downgrade from 3.0 GM to any OS directly ... do it this way ..

Jailbreak your OS 3.0 GM using QuickPwn 3.0 Beta 5 + OS 3.0 Beta 5 (7a312g) and will put it into DFU Mode (Pink Color) after jailbreak ... when in DFU mode (Pink) then downgrade to Beta 2 0r 3 ... iTunes will tell you its expired already just ignore the message ... then you can downgrade and restore to 2.2.1 ... an error will comes out error 1013 just ignor the error 1013 ... Close Itunes and turn off your iPhone ... open QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 and connect your iPhone (OFF Mode) then click OK from the first message of QuickPwn and do nothing on QuickPwn ... Press the power switch of Iphone for at least 2 seconds then logo of apple when come out and QuickPwn will remove the DFU of your iPhone and instead Emergency Call will comes out then you can now activate it in iTunes ...

If you want to downgrade to Beta 5 ... from DFU mode (pink color) after jailbreak from OS 3.0 GM just restore beta 5 (7a312g) and thats it .... your Beta 5 is on your iPhone

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ryder_nocks View Post
    I downloaded 3.0 GM and installed it, it locked my phone, i realize that i need an att sim to activate it but i was looking to downgrade to 2.2.1, it won't let me do so i keep getting a restore error of (20) does anyone know anything i can do?
    No matter what you do it won't allow you to downgrade from 3.0 GM to any OS directly ... do it this way ..

Jailbreak your OS 3.0 GM using QuickPwn 3.0 Beta 5 + OS 3.0 Beta 5 (7a312g) and will put it into DFU Mode (Pink Color) after jailbreak ... when in DFU mode (Pink) then downgrade to Beta 2 0r 3 ... iTunes will tell you its expired already just ignore the message ... then you can downgrade and restore to 2.2.1 ... an error will comes out error 1013 just ignor the error 1013 ... Close Itunes and turn off your iPhone ... open QuickPwn 2.2.5-2 and connect your iPhone (OFF Mode) then click OK from the first message of QuickPwn and do nothing on QuickPwn ... Press the power switch of Iphone for at least 2 seconds then logo of apple when come out and QuickPwn will remove the DFU of your iPhone and instead Emergency Call will comes out then you can now activate it in iTunes ...

If you want to downgrade to Beta 5 ... from DFU mode (pink color) after jailbreak from OS 3.0 GM just restore beta 5 (7a312g) and thats it .... your Beta 5 is on your iPhone

what does GM stand for when u say 3.0 GM
    ^i have the same problem and i have an ipod touch 1g and i get no coverflow or volume control in the music app
    please help