Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: After 3.0 apps gone

Default After 3.0 apps gone
    After upgrading to 3.0 last night 90% of my icons do not show up on my springboard. I have de authorized and re authorized the computer, reset the iphone, set the apps to sync, and tried re syncing 4 times now. If i try to download an app through app store it says installed. Some settings for applications show up in the settings menu but icons do not appear. Is there some kind of a mobile installation file needed, or delete a plist file somewhere, i am just running out of ideas, thanks

Think i figured out the problem, but still no solution, its all the apps I had in folders using the categories app, I would go in and put them back in the applications folder but how do i ssh into my non-jailbroken phone, any help appreciated, thanks
    Last edited by RWADE; 2009-06-18 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Have you tried Settings->General->Restrictions->Enable Restrictions?
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

or settings/general reset

Perhaps you upgraded from a Jailbroken 2.2.1, that had said apps "poofed"? If that's the case you'll have to do a full restore to 3.0, or wait for the 3.0 Jailbreak to be released.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Not if he is syncing from a back-up. Do a full restore and set up as a new phone.

Unhappy Settings is Hidden Too...
    Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Have you tried Settings->General->Restrictions->Enable Restrictions?
    I feel so foolish, I put settings in a category for utilities so it is hidden too. Does anyone know a way to fix this when you can't get to the settings app?

Traci