Results 1 to 14 of 14

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.


Thread: Jailbroken files still on iphone after upgrade to 3.0?

  1. #1
    Default Jailbroken files still on iphone after upgrade to 3.0?
    Hi guys, I had a jailbroken 2.2 iphone and I upgraded to 3.0 yesterday. Obviously, all my jailbroken apps are gone but the space in disk is still the same as before the upgrade. Does this mean that even if the apps aren't there the files such as nes roms, movies and songs for dtunes, etc, are still on the phone?
    Any idea on how I could get access to them?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    iPhone? More like MyPhone ElGriton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Come the Apocalypse I shall be Omnipresent
    Posts
    180
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 55 Times in 42 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by venciso View Post
    Hi guys, I had a jailbroken 2.2 iphone and I upgraded to 3.0 yesterday. Obviously, all my jailbroken apps are gone but the space in disk is still the same as before the upgrade. Does this mean that even if the apps aren't there the files such as nes roms, movies and songs for dtunes, etc, are still on the phone?
    Any idea on how I could get access to them?

    Thanks!
    Did you upgrade to get the 3.0 or restore?
    If you're requesting icons PLEASE include the original and the correct spelling. It makes our job 10X easier. Thank you.
    If you we've helped you hit the thanks button. it makes us giggle.

  3. #3
    I didn't restore, just upgraded.

  4. #4
    Livin the iPhone Life seann33uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Some where in the milkyway
    Posts
    1,314
    Thanks
    13
    Thanked 127 Times in 115 Posts

    well there you go, thats where you went wrong
    if you're going to "upgrade" from a jailbroken phone you need to restore it to the new firmware
    otherwise the space used for the jailbroken apps wont get formatted and just becomes wasted space.
    Being an i can be a lot of pressure. you have to live right up to the small point.

  5. #5
    Make sure you do not “update” to 3.0 but you “restore” to 3.0. An “update” will mean you lose all your space where your jailbreak apps were installed. The files will still be present but no longer available so you just out on the disk space. Restore solves this problem.

  6. #6
    i updated first, then restored to 3.0 but i still believe there is left over active JB files (keep awake). any way to get rid of it?

  7. #7
    Thanks guys, I still don't know if I'll restore because if I rejailreak then all my files will be there right?

  8. #8
    I have done a "restore" to 3.0 and still have my carrier name set to what I changed it to. I used the Cydia "MakeItMine" program to change the carrier name and this has been kept with a full restore. Any idea's?

  9. #9
    What's Jailbreak?
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Dixieland
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by chris4851 View Post
    I have done a "restore" to 3.0 and still have my carrier name set to what I changed it to. I used the Cydia "MakeItMine" program to change the carrier name and this has been kept with a full restore. Any idea's?
    same here...

  10. #10
    Navi to settings and then SpringBoard scroll down to Status Bar on your iphone clear your custom carrier navi to home screen and restart

  11. #11
    Community Manager Bo Troxell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
     Valley of the Sun, ARIZONA ♥♥♥
    Posts
    35,196
    Thanks
    5,590
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

    Quote Originally Posted by ZLG View Post
    Navi to settings and then SpringBoard scroll down to Status Bar on your iphone clear your custom carrier navi to home screen and restart
    What?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ZLG View Post
    Navi to settings and then SpringBoard scroll down to Status Bar on your iphone clear your custom carrier navi to home screen and restart
    You know were on 3.0 without a jailbreak right?

  13. #13
    My iPhone is a Part of Me se23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    London uk
    Posts
    889
    Thanks
    92
    Thanked 73 Times in 59 Posts

    Lol

  14. #14
    Just wait for the JB, thats what im doing. When we JB then maybe we can use the apps back with all the settings...

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •