Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: LOCATE on Google Maps DOESNT WORK ON 1.1.4

Default LOCATE on Google Maps DOESNT WORK ON 1.1.4
    I did the 1.1.4 and unlocked with ZiPhone 2.5c. Everything seems to be working except the LOCATE....

I have 04.04.05_G
    bootloader 3.9
    firmware 1.1.4

After the RESTORE to 1.1.4 I also restored my contacts, etc. from back up in iTunes. Does this matter?

My phone was an OTB 1.0.2, not that i think it matters....

The LOCATE works like a charm on Wi Fi but nothing with EDGE, and I have the BigBoss Hack.

Also I tried the Navizon, and it works to some degree, except that it shows the location off by a mile or so.

Thanks in advance.....

Thanks

Hmmm it works for me. I did the same as you (restore contacts, prefs, etc. from backup in iTunes), and my phone was also a 1.0.2 OTB. I have the same BL (3.9), baseband (04.04.04_G), and FW (1.1.4) as you have. Is your EDGE working for other apps (Safari, etc.)?

The only difference is that I used the latest version of ZiPhone (v2.5 with the GUI) instead of ZiPhone 2.5c. Maybe you should restore your phone to 1.1.4 and then use the ZiPhone with the GUI?

good luck,
    e

BTW, which BigBoss hack are you refering to?
    Last edited by echo; 2008-03-12 at 10:23 AM.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

iPhone? More like MyPhone aemreunal's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bonecrusha818 View Post
    I did the 1.1.4 and unlocked with ZiPhone 2.5c. Everything seems to be working except the LOCATE....

I have 04.04.05_G
    bootloader 3.9
    firmware 1.1.4

After the RESTORE to 1.1.4 I also restored my contacts, etc. from back up in iTunes. Does this matter?

My phone was an OTB 1.0.2, not that i think it matters....

The LOCATE works like a charm on Wi Fi but nothing with EDGE, and I have the BigBoss Hack.

Also I tried the Navizon, and it works to some degree, except that it shows the location off by a mile or so.

Thanks in advance.....
    ZiPhone fcuked up your phone in some process, it did mine too, I suggest you use ziphone to erase the baseband (iErase BL 3.9 baseband) then restore it to 1.1.3 using itunes and then jailbreaking/unlocking it with iJailBreak which won't fcuk up you iphone the way ziphone did) That worked for me and my google mapd is working perfectly and flawlessly now.

Thanks

After doing some reading, aemreunal may have a point. From what I read, it may be worse for iphones with 4.6BL, than iphones with 3.9BL (originally). Check out this thread...

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/showthr...t=60771&page=1

I guess I was one of the lucky ones that used ZiPhone without a experiencing a problem... so far. Anyway, you might want to investigate an alternative method of unlocking.
    Last edited by echo; 2008-03-12 at 07:08 PM.
    15.4" 2.8GHz Unibody MacBook Pro
    Pwnage Unlocked 16GB iPhone (2.1)
    Apple Unlocked 16GB 3G iPhone (2.2)

if the phone was originally 1.1.4 with BL 4.6, and then got downgraded to BL 3.9, this may be a problem, i don't think you can use locate me. anywhoo, i had upgraded to 1.1.4 unlocked with Ziphone and everything was fine (originally with 3.9BL, and still have 3.9BL). now im running 1.1.3 firmware and it's all working too.

Well..My phone was a 1.0.2 OTB, so my bootloader is 3.9 whether I like it or not.

I tried the Navizon/Locate Me workaround, but nothing works. Locate works with Wi Fi but not edge. The weird this is that Locate Me app never works either, but Navizon works (even though its off by a mile). I dont know what to do.....

Thanks for the reeplies anyway