Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: i upgraded my iphone 2g to final gm version 3.0

Question i upgraded my iphone 2g to final gm version 3.0
    i upgraded my iphone 2g to final gm version 3.0 with itunes 8.2 but i am only able to make and receive calls on emergency lock screen .it was unlocked b4 updating but now neither i can reach springboard nor i can downgrade it to 2.2.1 with itunes 8.1 .i get error 20 while downgrading and till now quick pwn for final version of mac and windows is not released .its i upto 3.0 beta 5.

what to do
    kindly answer asap

Green Apple
    Thanks

I have the same problem (also on first Gen) while trying to downgrade back, get error code [20] have tried to go back with 8.1 and 8.2 neither work (on Win XP)

Wish now I had read a bit more into it as I was under the impression we were good to go, but now see we can't unlock till Friday it seems? (info on 3.0 around here sure is scattered and confusing of late) I NEED my phone and can't wait till Friday so I hope someone can help.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

If you have gone back to iTunes 8.1 or lower, you should be able to put phone in DFU mode and then restore. Worth a try.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    If you have gone back to iTunes 8.1 or lower, you should be able to put phone in DFU mode and then restore. Worth a try.
    Dose not work... get same error code with 8.2 or 8.1

ok so error code [20] is in restore mode only.

However still get an error in DFU mode as well now showing [1600}

Dose anyone have any actual knowledge/experience with this that can help in detail?

I am reading that a custom ipsw may solve the code [1600]? so dl'ing now, will try that in a few and update if there is a change.
    Last edited by AdonisBlue; 2009-06-18 at 03:11 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by AdonisBlue View Post
    Dose not work... get same error code with 8.2 or 8.1

ok so error code [20] is in restore mode only.

However still get an error in DFU mode as well now showing [1600}

Dose anyone have any actual knowledge/experience with this that can help in detail?

I am reading that a custom ipsw may solve the code [1600]? so dl'ing now, will try that in a few and update if there is a change.

Same EXACT situation. I tried with a custom 2.2.1 ipsw and no go either.

Green Apple
    Thanks

Yep custom ispw made no difference at all I have also tried deleting the support file each time.. So frustrated now

I upgraded to the 3.0 release earlier and I was stuck at the same emergency call screen.

iTunes 8.2 wouldn't let me downgrade

I used my sister's computer which has iTunes 8.0.2 on it and I put it in DFU Mode, and restored to 2.2 (I didn't have 2.2.1 file) and it worked without error

Quote Originally Posted by ryan206 View Post
    I upgraded to the 3.0 release earlier and I was stuck at the same emergency call screen.

iTunes 8.2 wouldn't let me downgrade

I used my sister's computer which has iTunes 8.0.2 on it and I put it in DFU Mode, and restored to 2.2 (I didn't have 2.2.1 file) and it worked without error
    b4 that i shift upgraded 2.0.2 to 3.0 beta 1 or 2 i am not sure and unlock remained and jailbroke was gone but u were on the springboard not the emergency lockscreen

one more question
    yellow snow will work only if we have cydia and cydia comes if we jaibreak .
    hwo it will be possible to get our iphones back ?
    Last edited by gauravsuneja; 2009-06-18 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Green Apple
    Thanks

So i followed some other ideas on this problem and removed all apple/itunes files from my pc, installed itunes 7.4 and tried restore again. Now i get error code 5 and sometimes error code 1 and still can not downgrade my phone! been working on this all day and night now! (its 4am)

Also clarified some things. I was good to go in updating to 3.0 with the exception that my phone was jailbroken/unlocked with quickpwn and not pwnagetool so my activation got screwed! (stupid pc garbage! *misses my power book*) Now after all this fawking around with it, my phone is restored to factory with 3.0 and stuck there with still no real help or answers.

On top of it all I have not heard nor read anything yet about a windows version for unlocking/jail breaking 3.0

FINALLY! got it fixed and unlocking with quickpwn as I type this.

Used itunes 7.7 after removing all traces of apple from Win XP
    SIM removed
    Used non custom 2.2 firmware (custom firmware showed error 1602)
    phone in DFU mode (restore mode has error code 20)
    Last edited by AdonisBlue; 2009-06-18 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

im exactly on the same boat!
    i've tried with 1.1.4, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.2.1 and 3.0 (yeah.. i tried 3.0 again)

i used itunes 7.7 with 2.2 fw still no relief