Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3GS Jailbreak and Unlock?

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone 3GS Jailbreak and Unlock?
    Well my boss was gongho about getting a new iPhone 3GS so bascially Im just looking for someone to point me in the right direction on how to unlock it for sure and possibly jailbreak it too. He wants me to do all the dirty work for him, - Thanks for the help!

im sure it will be awhile after it is released before there is going to be a jailbreak or unlock for the 3GS.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to bwise05 For This Useful Post:

Frasch (2009-06-17)

iPhoneaholic
    Thanks

Actually the unlock for the 3GS is ready to go, assuming the exploit for the jailbreak on the 2G/3G also works on the 3GS. You need the jailbreak using quickpwn(or similar) before you can unlock using ultrasnow (yellowsnow's 3.0 replacement. The Dev-team doesn't have A 3GS yet to test and see. That's why they have been hesitant to release anything early, lest Apple release a last minute patch for it.

Before you ask, as of 4pm CST on the 17th (the time of this post), the dev team has not released any of these tools. QuickPwn is supposed to release today (for jailbreaking/cydia) and Ultrasnow (for unlocking) on Friday.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to z6joker9 For This Useful Post:

Frasch (2009-06-17)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

ok thanks for the heads up, ya the phone wont be here in my hands til the 19th or so, so I have at least the weekend to look around. Thanks again for the updates!