Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Updating to 3.0 question

Default Updating to 3.0 question
    Well,apple will soon realease 3.0 today,and I am jailbroken,with a very complex theme that took some time. Is there a way I can update to firmware 3.0 and keep my jailbreak?

Nope. Not yet until the dev team releases something. Unless u wouldn't mind doing a fresh restore, I wouldn't update if u want ur themes and whatnot

Jailbreak will be released very shortly after FW3.0 but you will lose all your settings for Cydia apps (and the apps themselves umless you use app backup)
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

iPhone? More like MyPhone spongebobiwan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by confucious View Post
    Jailbreak will be released very shortly after FW3.0 but you will lose all your settings for Cydia apps (and the apps themselves umless you use app backup)
    I think you meant AptBackup, didn't you? AppBackup is for AppStore apps which I really don't see the need for. It's not for Cydia apps. And if I'm not mistaken, the last I checked, AptBackup was not yet working on 3.0 beta, or at least it was not among the apps listed on the list of working Cydia apps that appeared here a few days back. I'm sure it won't be long before it is working though. I probably won't even begin using my new 3Gs when it arrives for that very reason. I'll await the QwkPwn jailbreak to come first and then wait to hear that AptBackup is working on 3.0. I am just way too lazy to install all those Cydia apps one by one, and AptBackup takes all the work out of it for me and makes it pretty much painless.

I always get those two mixed up! Thanks for the correction.

I wonder how long before the jailbreak for the 3Gs? Now we know UltraSn0w should work with it I'll have to consider it, I'd ignored it before as I didn't think I'd be able to use it!
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.