Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Looking for advice re: nonfunctionining iphone 2g, wait for 3.0 or something else?

Default Looking for advice re: nonfunctionining iphone 2g, wait for 3.0 or something else?
    I posted on this before but got no replies so here goes again ...

Last week during a trip to DC my iphone (2g quickpwn'ed to 2.2.1 and working fine for six months) suddenly stopped being able to load network information. I was unable to connect to any wireless network.

This was immediately after roaming on ATT for a few days in western MD if that makes a difference.

I checked the simcard out at TMobile and it worked fine, even upgraded the sim card.

I tried to reinstall 2.2.1 and then re-quickpwn. Twice. no good. Tried Pwnage with a custom IPSW. no good. Still the same behavior.

Now I've returned home and by mistake allowed ITunes to upgrade to 8.2 so I can no longer experiment around with various combinations that have been described here (e.g. downgrade to 2.02, quickpwn, upgrade to 2.2.1, quickpwn again). I just would like my TMobile service back.

I'm a bit leery about downgrading ITunes to 8.1 because I don't want to lose the phone's backup (not sure whether this would happen or not).

I've been thinking about just waiting until Quickpwn comes out for the 3.0 system so that I can walk through the whole process again with the new OS.

Thoughts? Advice?

At this point, if you don't like going through the hassle of all the downgrades and such. Just wait for yellowsn0w 3.0 being demoed tonight on musclenerd twitter page.

Thanks for the advice. I figured the same at this point.

The "no networks loaded" problem is a frustrating one. I've seen scattered references to it but no solution. Odd that it would just crop up on a phone that is working in every other regard.

Default still no service
    Still completely flummoxed. Does anyone have an answer to the "unable to load network list" problem?

I have now restored back to OS 2.0 and ran WinPwn, but I am still getting the same "no service" and "unable to load network list" messages.

I tried dropping in a friend's registered ATT sim card on a clean restored phone and still got no service.

I can wait for 3.0 but at this point I am really skeptical that this will solve the problem.

Is this a baseband problem? Something else? Is there any way to diagnose this or is my phone suddenly an ITouch?