Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: About to give up! Cant PWN firmware 2.2.1

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Default About to give up! Cant PWN firmware 2.2.1
    Hello guys,
    I've spent over 10 hours (between last night and today) attempting to jailbrake my sister's iPhone. I'd like to point out the fact that i'm not a noobie and tried staying away from asking for tips and suggestions yet this one iphone def beat me to the punch. I've pwn mine and my mom's (both 3Gs) and now trying to pwn my sister's no matter what method i used nothing works.
    I've tried PWANGE Tool on my mack and get 1600 or 1601 (Tried DFU mode), tried Quickpwn 2.5 in windows and gets stock on loading booloder files or whatever the msg was. Tried using itunes in windows and get 1600 when using DFU mode. I've tried by simply doing Shift+restore (no DFU mode) and i get error #13. I've change usb cable, usb ports (2 different systems mac & PC) even downgraded to itunes 7.7 on my pc and still nothing. Now even letting itunes to restore & update still gives error #13.

So at this point i really dont konw what else to try... I'l be more than happy to try any other suggestions cause there's no much more that i cant find in google LOL

Thanks in advance,

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

What version of iTunes are you using? Must be 8.1 or lower.
    Good luck

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by blkcadi View Post
    What version of iTunes are you using? Must be 8.1 or lower.
    Good luck
    Here at work i have 8.1.052 but at home i even downgraded my PC to 7.7 and i also had issues.