Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: going from 2.2 to 3.0

Default going from 2.2 to 3.0
    Hey i just gota question, i wanna try going from 2.2 to 3.0 i got a jailbroken iphone. i watched the video on youtube how to do it, it says i need a itunes 8.2 BETA so ill need that firstly.

i was wondering if i upgrade to 3.0 will i lose all my apps and music and jailbroken apps?

thanks

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks
    yea im wondering the same thing, will it unjailbrake the phone if i update it through itunes come june 17?

3. The Following User Says Thank You to fatrixcartmen111 For This Useful Post:

w333zy (2009-06-12)

Thanks

I just upgraded my iPhone 3G to 3.0 GM. There is <b>NO</b> jailbreak for 3.0 GM as of yet, although when the commercial 3.0 is released, there will be a jailbreak. So, in other words, if you upgrade to the 3.0 GM now, you will lose your jailbreak and all your jailbreak apps aswell. If its not worth losing them all, just wait a little longer to the actual release come June 17th.

but trust me, 3.0 is pretty cool :P

I just upgraded my iPhone 3G to 3.0 GM. There is <b>NO</b> jailbreak for 3.0 GM as of yet, although when the commercial 3.0 is released, there will be a jailbreak. So, in other words, if you upgrade to the 3.0 GM now, you will lose your jailbreak and all your jailbreak apps aswell. If its not worth losing them all, just wait a little longer to the actual release come June 17th.

but trust me, 3.0 is pretty cool :P
    Last edited by lach; 2009-06-12 at 02:16 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lach For This Useful Post:

w333zy (2009-06-12)

Thanks, looking forward to the 17th hopefully a jailbreak will come out shortly after.

thanks once again

I'd say just wait until the 17th. I F'd up my phone (thankfully I got it working again) trying to upgrade and ended up losing all my itunes music b/c of it.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinner23 For This Useful Post:

w333zy (2009-06-13)

Yes i was told it would make you lose everyting, so i will wait till the 17th and write my experience for others noobs to learn from it!!
    5 days left!!

Wait until the 19th....
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

Yeah the jailbreak should be out pretty soon after its released