Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 dowgrading...NEED HELP!

Default iPhone 3.0 dowgrading...NEED HELP!
    I stupidly installed the iPhone 3.0 GM and I NEED to downgrade back to 2.2.1 to use all of my jailbreak apps, but for some reason I cannot. I followed several guides, but I always get the same result.

Whenever I restore to the 2.2.1 ipsw, I get error 1013 (like normal), but when I try to reset my phone (hold down home+power for 15 secs and then power for 2 secs), it goes right back to recovery mode, with no emergency call option or anything, and QuickPwn stops working on launch.

Please help... Any assistance would be greatly appreciated

Thank you so much

Same thing is happening to me. If anyone has a solution to this problem please post what you did to make it work. Thank you

Hopefully someone knows how to fix this. I need to downgrade also.

HOPE THIS HELPS:

Click on this link:

3.0 to 2.x downgrade instructions | iPhone News, Help and Guides

The above procedure worked for me. BTW the latest Itunes works fine with the above procedure.

Quote Originally Posted by b1stbd34 View Post
    HOPE THIS HELPS:

Click on this link:

3.0 to 2.x downgrade instructions | iPhone News, Help and Guides

The above procedure worked for me. BTW the latest Itunes works fine with the above procedure.

Sorry, but I tried the exact same steps several times and the result is in my previous post. I think this method is only for the betas, not for the GM.

Thanks a lot for trying though

Wow... a lot of people are having the same problem with no solution... I'm getting kind of doubtful now that there even IS a solution
    Last edited by iphonenerd786; 2009-06-11 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost