Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Un Jailbreak question

Question Un Jailbreak question
    Just a quick question.

Is it just a case of updating my iPhone to 3.0 (on the 17th) to remove the jailbroken feature ?

Was thinking about just going to 3.0 and then if I feel the need later on to just re jailbreak if its possible.

I know its a risk.

i am wondering the same thing

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Neilvx View Post
    Just a quick question.

Is it just a case of updating my iPhone to 3.0 (on the 17th) to remove the jailbroken feature ?

Was thinking about just going to 3.0 and then if I feel the need later on to just re jailbreak if its possible.

I know its a risk.
    Yes. If you update to the 3.0 GM now you'll be on a stock device no jailbreak/jailbroken apps. Once the 3.0 jailbreak comes out you will be able to then jailbreak the device if you so wish too.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PhoneLine For This Useful Post:

Neilvx (2009-06-11)

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    Yes. If you update to the 3.0 GM now you'll be on a stock device no jailbreak/jailbroken apps. Once the 3.0 jailbreak comes out you will be able to then jailbreak the device if you so wish too.
    not good information. If you upgrade now and your baseband is also upgraded you may not be able to jailbreak later.

Thanks

Junior. Your confusing jailbreaking and unlocking. The baseband being updated will not effect the jailbreak. The unlock is another story.
    Last edited by PhoneLine; 2009-06-11 at 02:56 PM. Reason: Spelling mistakes before mornin coffee!

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneLine View Post
    Junior. Your confusing jailbreaking and unlocking. The baseband being updated will not effect the jailbreak. The unlock is another story.
    you are correct sir... I guess 4am is not a time i should be answering posts... not exactly thinking too clear that late

Thanks

4am?

My goodness....I was dreaming about the jailbreak at that time. Plus i get up at 6 for work.

No harm done, I rather be double checked then give someone wrong info anwyay.

I am not worried about changing the baseband and just use the QuickPwn to jailbreak.