Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 REALLY BIG PROBLEM Please HELP!

Default 3.0 REALLY BIG PROBLEM Please HELP!
    ok well i updated to 3.0 GM and for some reason my iphone become locked don't know why as it was working previously, and yellow snow was not installed. So i removed itunes 8.2 and installed itunes 8.1 i tried restoring to the original 2.2.1 firmware and the iphone came up with error 1604 now all the iphone shows is the usb cable to connect to itunes. And to make things worse it is not recognised on itunes in DFU mode please help.

a little help please xD
    Last edited by luksoccer; 2009-06-11 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

are you using the original sim that activated the iphone when it was purchased? I heard that it checks if its the proper sim upon activation after restore now. mine was on the "slide for emergency" screen for about 5 minutes last night and it said "connecting to itunes store" on itunes so i think it was checking the sim or somehting
    I am not a jailbreak n00b
    I like to drink iPhoneahol...
    Circa 2008

thanks for quick reply yes original sim is in the iphone but now its not even recognised by itunes. it only shows the usb cable and itunes logo and it doesnt even get recognised it DFU mode. I'm really stressing here lol

Green Apple
    Thanks

hold down the home and power buttons for exactly 15 seconds and then let go and push the power for 2 seconds it ten should go to the emergency call screen and iTunes should pick it up

5. The Following User Says Thank You to hevey For This Useful Post:

luksoccer (2009-06-11)

UPDATE: Now it is restored back to 3.0 but the screen is pink with the connect to itunes logo on it -.- but i can access emergency calls now and the phone still says its locked when it was not prior to upgrade of 3.0 (THANKS HEVEY)

oh and as said i was not using yellow snow
    Last edited by luksoccer; 2009-06-11 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

I read that you needed to have the sim card out of the iPhone when upgrading. A friend of mine upgraded and had his phone "Locked", then he restarted the phone and it worked fine.

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Hiya.
    Don't know If this will be of any help, but it worked for me, thanks to StealthBravo's advice. Be sure to use iTunes pre release 8.2 when upgrading to 3.0

also, TTY restoring to 2.2.1 using a version of iTunes that WILL recognise your iPhone. For me, the only version that worked was iTunes 8.0.0.35

also ensure that you have a non corrupted version of 3.0 GM

this worked for me in the end with no issues, but finding the solution took over 9 hours!! I think that was mostly because the official 8.2 iTunes messed my XP computer up and I had to run ChkDsk at least 3 times (taking 2 hours each time).

Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks

i just installed 3.0 GM, i hadnt unlocked in the past, only jailbroken. All i did was update iTunes and install the 3.0 and there was no problem. All went cleanly

well ive installed 3.0 everything went smoothly but it still says that the iphone carrier ******** that my sim card is not supported , i am starting to feel alone ive had no iphone for more then 24 hours

I've had the same problem-Go back to 2.0.2 via quickpwn and you should be ok. I kept installing/uninstalling different itunes/firmwares, etc., to the point I was confusing which was which. You may have to use a different computer to do it.

i managed to downgrade to a custome 2.2 but then i could not make calls from my sim card or text etc. I really shouldnt of upgrade to 3.0 has cost me hours of sleep and so far a usless brick of an iphone.

and i have also tried on mac and windows
    Last edited by luksoccer; 2009-06-11 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

It might be something to do with the warning Apple sent to developers when they seeded 3.0GM?

This version of iPhone OS 3.0 should only be deployed on devices dedicated for iPhone OS 3.0 GM Seed software development. By installing iPhone OS 3.0 GM Seed software
    on your Authorized Test Devices, these Devices are permanently “locked” into testing mode and cannot be restored to an earlier release of iPhone OS. Bear this in mind before installing the software.

No, I think that is BS.

any ideas ? anyone please lol

"The Napoleon Dynamite of MMI" coloradoxmfan's Avatar
    Thanks

Ok guys I figured it out. I was able to downgrade from 3.0 GM to 2.2.1 and jailbreak by doing the following, in this order:
    1. Uninstall iTunes 8.2
    2. Restart the computer
    3. Download iTunes 8.1 (thanks to StealthBravo's website)
    4. Install iTunes and run it
    5. Plug the iPhone in to the computer
    6. DFU mode - press and hold both the Home and Sleep buttons for exactly 10 seconds.
    7. Release only the Sleep button after 10 secs, holding the Home button still.
    8. At the iTunes recovery screen, shift+Ctrl the restore button and select your 2.2.1 ipsw file (google for this file)
    8. Sit back and let iTunes do it's work.
    9. Once restored, jailbreak.

Good luck!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to coloradoxmfan For This Useful Post:

KoolMan0 (2009-06-13)

^
    Method above works. I was just able to do it. I thought I was never going to be able to go back to 2.2.1 but after the 1013 error in itunes I used quickpwn and it finally worked. I never had an problems with the 3.0 betas when it came to downgrading but the 3.0 gm deff wasnt as easy.

Edit; NEVERMIND AFTER MY PHONE WAS DONE JAILBREAKING i NOTICED NOW i HAVE NO SERVICE. ANY SUGGESTIONS OR SHOULD i JUST GO BACK TO 3.0
    Last edited by jrdan24; 2009-06-12 at 06:16 PM.

same thing happened to me mate good luck ive been trying to fix this for the past 4 days

I would recommend going back to 3.0. If you can get the service back go from there. I lost 3G capabilities after messing with the 3.0 and had to downgrade to 2.2.1 in order to get the phone swapped at Apple. Eventually what worked for me was to use that pre release then run quickpwn 2.2.5 or whatever the last official release was for fw 2.2.1 and just opening quickpwn and having it recognize the phone magically made it finally activate and service was back. This was after having the same error when downgrading.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Shinner23 View Post
    No, I think that is BS.
    i thought so too but now after reading everyone's problems in trying to downgrade from 3.0GM I do wonder?

It's only a few days now before the official version comes out so I'm quite happy to wait until the Dev Team tell me it's safe.
    Last edited by iGuy; 2009-06-12 at 10:56 PM.

1 week until quickpwn for 3.0
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast