Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 GM....messed up!! Help please...

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Default 3.0 GM....messed up!! Help please...
    Hey all. Sorry to be a pain, but I really need some help. I just couldn't wait any longer and downloaded the 3.0 GM firmware for my jailbroken 2.2.1 iPhone 3G.

Thought i'd do some reading up beforehand, but obviouslt followed some wrong directions...my fault.

In short;

1) I updated iTunes to 8.2 first of all and have the iPhone1,2_3.0_7A341_Restore file good to go.

2)Started up itunes and connected my iphone to it and hit shift 'Restore' (as per some advice on another post)and pointed to the 3.0 firmware on my desktop.

Cant remember what error message came up (think it was 1600), but it didn't work.

Cartoon picture of steve jobs came up...can't remember if that was before or after I attempted to put the phone in DFU mode. Either way, steve jobs is as far as I get at the moment. It's drivng me crazy.

My iphone will go into DFU mode but iTunes doesn't rercognise it, but Windows XP and its annoying Hardware wizrd does, but to no avail, as the wizard wouldn't know what to do with a device in DFU mode anyway! Problem is...neither do I now. lol

All jokes aside, I'm at my wits end and would really appreciate some help here.

Even though I was jailbroken on 2.2.1, I was just trying to upgrade to 3.0 stock with official carrier...still looking to do that, but hopefully with the ability to sync my contacts back on 3.0 if I ever get this sorted.

Thanks in advance to whoever helps out.

SORTED NOW!! Thanks StealthBravo.
    Last edited by iMack007; 2009-06-10 at 10:33 PM. Reason: Problem solved

Try restoring to 2.2.1, then try restoring to 3.0. You could have a corrupted 3.0 download...

iPhone? More like MyPhone iMack007's Avatar
    Thanks

Default Cheers
    Thanks for the heads up BeSweet, but my problem is that I can't even get iTunes to recognise my iPhone...not 8.2 official, 8.2 Pre release or even 8.1.1...I'm just downloading 8.0.0.35 to see if I have any luck with that one.

BTW, tried DFU and been stuck on that all day too...just a f....ng bad day 'suppose.

@ StealthBravo.
    Got it all sorted in the end. Thank you very much for your help, I do appreciate it.

I needed to uninstall iTunes again and this time uninstalled Bonjour, Quicktime and Apple Device etc...everything to do with Apple and installed version 8.0.035 of iTunes. My iphone was now recognised as being in DFU mode/recovery and I was able to shift+restore to 2.2.1 before upgrading to 8.2 pre release (as per your suggestion) and then shift+restore the 3.0 GM firmware. Then restored my original backup and all was back, but also new.

You da man Stealth. Thanks a mill. I'm happy again.
    Last edited by iMack007; 2009-06-10 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost