Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: iPhone 3.0 GM Question

Default iPhone 3.0 GM Question
    Okay, I feel kind of dumb for asking..but I feel compelled at the same time >_>

Is the GM of 3.0 the FINAL build, or do you think it will be different come June 17? I'm guessing it may be final considering it isn't a beta (No pink screen or [as far as I know] expiration) but then again I don't know how it went down last time with 2.0

3Gm should be final bar any last minute change which are highly unlikely.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Livin the iPhone Life
    Thanks

[ame=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_release_life_cycle]Software release life cycle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

During the 1990s, Apple Inc. used the term "golden master" for its release candidates, and the final golden master was the general availability release.
    There may be small fixes in the GM and have a revision of it but all the functions are there and you will not see any new features in the release from now to the public GA.

i think there will be minor changes. beta 5 for example had the little photo icon in the SMS application to add pictures in as a conversational item. for some reason that is now missing in the GM version. So I would assume that it is the final, but minor details will be changed right at the end.

As for those that are on dev lists, on june 17th is itunes still going to offer us an update or will it just have to be through regular download of the firmware and then upgrading it?

Emanuel

There will be no changes unless some major bug comes up at this stage or Apple think they can ix a security hole should one come to their attention.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.