Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Quick Question about going from 2.2 firm to 3.0

Default Quick Question about going from 2.2 firm to 3.0
    Hey everyone, i just have a question about this new 3.0 firmware coming out on the 17th i believe.

My question is I have firmware 2.2 (jail broken obviously!) on it the same one since i bought the phone in feb, Ive read somewhere that a 3.0 was leaked into the torrents, does that mean there is a jailbreak out for it? or is it even the right 3.0 maybe its a fake?

will all my current cydia and ********** apps disappear, or will there be a way to keep it all?

Or should i wait a few days after 3.0 is officially released, then expect to see a jailbreak for it?

PS. i am not asking how to upgrade because i am guessing there is no jailbreak upgrade still, i am just curious how bouts this process works, i want to know these simple questions before the release so the forums are not flooded with noobs like me asking these questions lol.

Thanks a lot!

apple release the 3.0 GM (gold master) software to developpers. it was leaked, so you could technically upgrade your software now. It hasnt been jailbroken yet, but its probably best to wait until the 17th to download the official version. 3.0 should be jailbroken not to long after official release

3. The Following User Says Thank You to iPh0wned For This Useful Post:

w333zy (2009-06-10)

Thanks, im looking forward to the next couple of weeks, will keep my eye out for step by step instructions on the upgrade.

Thanks