Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak for 3.0 Final Release

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default Jailbreak for 3.0 Final Release
    Is the jailbreak out for the 3.0 final release yet?

If so, can someone walk me through all the steps....This will be the first time I do it myself Just downloaded the final release and can't wait to jailbreak it since the new iphone sucks

Someone?
    Last edited by jaynoonan; 2009-06-09 at 12:21 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

There are 3.0 discussion threads.

Thanks

Just d/led the OS....3.0_7A341

Green Apple
    Thanks

me too. Anything different from Beta 5? Can't see anything yet??? Also do you shift/Restore or shift/update?

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    There are 3.0 discussion threads.
    So that's a no?

Quote Originally Posted by BSmith View Post
    So that's a no?
    Thats more of a "search" before starting a useless thread. But the answer is no.

Thank you for the clarification.

^Prolly wont be released until the official 3.0

Quote Originally Posted by cpjr View Post
    ^Prolly wont be released until the official 3.0
    You mean the official 3.0, the gold master that was released yesterday, that cannot and will not be different than the one released on the 17th?

The jailbreaking developers would have to be stupid not to release their stuff now - us JB devs need to test too! I'm gonna be pissed if I can't develop on this. They said they'd release the JB when it was final, and it is.

Thanks

They can still change thing from here to the 17th

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ It will be ready soon enough

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

8 More days and counting...

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lostgame View Post
    You mean the official 3.0, the gold master that was released yesterday, that cannot and will not be different than the one released on the 17th?

The jailbreaking developers would have to be stupid not to release their stuff now - us JB devs need to test too! I'm gonna be pissed if I can't develop on this. They said they'd release the JB when it was final, and it is.
    If you must have the jailbreak that bad, create your own. The dev team does this for free, they can release it when they want. In other words: shut up and quit crying or solve the problem yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by geoffl1 View Post
    If you must have the jailbreak that bad, create your own. The dev team does this for free, they can release it when they want. In other words: shut up and quit crying or solve the problem yourself.
    Are you a developer? Do you understand what I'm saying? No. Seriously, chill the fuÁk out man - if I made my own jailbreak, it wouldn't even be useful - they have the jailbreak ready, it's good to go, we have proof of that - I'm a developer, I want the jailbreak so I can ensure that when the 17th comes, people won't b!tch that my JB'd software isn't compatible.

Seriously, man, if you're going to try to put someone down, at least don't be wrong, or at the very least don't be stupid.

Give this guy a break. He wants a jailbreak just like all of us do.

Just because YOU know the answer doesn't mean everyone else does.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lostgame View Post
    Are you a developer? Do you understand what I'm saying? No. Seriously, chill the fuÁk out man - if I made my own jailbreak, it wouldn't even be useful - they have the jailbreak ready, it's good to go, we have proof of that - I'm a developer, I want the jailbreak so I can ensure that when the 17th comes, people won't b!tch that my JB'd software isn't compatible.

Seriously, man, if you're going to try to put someone down, at least don't be wrong, or at the very least don't be stupid.
    Actually, I am a developer and I wasn't putting you down, I'm simply saying quit ******** about the dev team not releasing the jb when YOU want it instead of when THEY want to release it.

What was I "wrong" about?

Sorry if this has already been asked, I did a search but did not find what I was looking for, also sorry if this in the wrong thread.

I am not much of a techno geek so would really appreciate an answer in simple terms..........here we go!

I have a jailbroken v2.2 iphone and am wondering if I will loose all of my third party apps/custom ringtones/themes etc when I connect to itunes on the 17th to upgrade to v3.0

Thanks in advance for keeping the answer simple! :-}

My iPhone is a Part of Me PhoneLine's Avatar
    Thanks

plw,

Yes, you will lose all jailbroken materials. Anything from the app store you can re-sync to get back, but anything from cydia for example will be gone until 3.0 is jailbroken and you re-insatll everything again.

Also, as it usual with big firmware updates, it may take a little while for everything to be compatible. So if your not willing on losing things for a (hopefully) short amount of time, hold off on updating.

I will be upgrading from 2.2 also, I have jailbroken with Pwnage so I know the routine, but am still confused.
    So 3.0 beta releases are jailbroken, but not the final release which will be out the 17th? That is when I will upgrade and I want to know where to come for the official jailbreak. Thanks.
    iPhone 4 / 4.3.1 / redsn0w

From what I gather the Dev team has a jailbreak ready for the 3.0 release but there's no point in releasing it now as that would just give Apple time to tweak some things to make the JB incompatible. So I'm assuming when 3.0 officially drops (I'm using the GM and it's super speedy and clean) you'll be able to jailbreak fairly soon after. You'll still lose all of your jailbroken stuff from before so you may want to SSH and make a backup. Hope that helps.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast