Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Hey guys, I could use some help unlocking my iPhone 2g..

Default Hey guys, I could use some help unlocking my iPhone 2g..
    Ok so here's the deal. I'm going to be living in the US for a couple months and I have an iPhone 2g 2.2.1 that was originally activated with AT&T. I went to at&t and got a month by month plan and would like to use it with my iphone.. I'm having a lot of trouble trying to unlock the phone though..

I've used the search bar on this site for about a week trying to figure it out, but it seems that even with the newest version of pwnage, when I put my at&t sim card in, it goes to the emergency call screen... I even trying to use redsnow, but the process would get stuck...

Does anybody have any advice for me? Maybe I'm doing something wrong? I don't want to activate the phone through itunes because that will force me into a 2 year plan, and I'm only living here temporarily for the summer.

Any help would be greatly appreciate it!

thanks a lot!

I have one more question. If I have a shared 3g data plan (apparently) with the family plan that I'm attached to, will data work on the 2g phone? If it's not applicable, should I be disabling edge on the phone? Would I use boss app to do that?

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

You cant share a 3g data plan. You would getting your own data plan for your line. If that is the case you should grab the 2G plan. However to answer your question you can run a 2G on a 3G plan without extra charges.