Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreaking and Warranty

Default Jailbreaking and Warranty
    I am currently jailbroke with 2.2.1 and modem 2.30.03. I noticed a slant in my screen and a "light leak" on the left side. I called and was told I could go to the genius bar and exchange it for free since I'm still in the warranty period.

My question is, "If I restore my iPhone completely, is there any way they can still no that my phone had been jailbroke before?" Or as long as I restore to a legit 2.2.1, there is no way they could tell that it had been modded in the past?

Is it possible to tell....Yes. Will they ever probe deep enough to find out...No.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

Yea bro, you are fine. Just take it in after a restore.

So if I do a full restore, there is probably little chance of them not honoring the exchange.

Has anyone ever attempted this here? Restoring a jailbroke phone and then exchanging for a new one?

Thanks

^ Only all the time. There are people who have gotten jailbroken ones replaced without restoring. You will be good

Ive taken in a jailbroken iphone with Cydia "hidden" using sbsettings and they didnt know.

Honestly, if there's nothing on the springboard to tell them its jailbroken they aint gonna find out.

Ok, thanks for all the info

You got it. ummm, yeah.

Thanks

OMFG. no prob, meh

I exchanged mine with the carrier thing up top changed. They see too many of those things a day to pay attention me thinks.

Green Apple
    Thanks
    My iPhone 3G was all scuffed, scratched, dented and JAILBROKEN!.... I fancied a nice shiney new iPhone so i just done a restore and that was that, off i went to the Apple store and said "Hey, Genius, My phone keeps knocking off" 10 minutes later I had a nice shiney new iPhone in my hand

Long story short, No they wont find out....

I dont think hmmmmmmm :P