Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Bsd subsystem cannot be found...

Default Bsd subsystem cannot be found...
    I jailbroke my phone the other day and after some trial and error I got everything working. It installed cydia and all that stuff. I had the bsd subsystem file and I was able to connect ssh to winscp. I was having problems with apps so I restored my phone and jailbroke it again. Now I cannot find bsd subsystem file anywhere and cannot connect to ssh. Also sometimes when i download apps, they never appear after the installation. Why isnt the bsd file there? How can I get it? Should I jailbreak it over again??

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Bsd subsystems was only something that needed to be installed on firmware 1.1.4 or below. All necessary system packages are installed when jailbroken by Cydia automatically. If you are having issues having apps show up I have found that if you install an app from the App Store first then proceed with installing other apps the problem will be solved.

hmm ok i will try that...but then how come when i jailbroke my phone the other day, I was able to locate bsd and it was on my phone?

Thanks

Cydia possibly installs it automatically as I stated above. I just did a search for it on my 2.2.1 firmware in Cydia and can't find a package for it in the list or if I use the search function so I don't really know where you're getting your info.

Im just telling you what i see/saw. Ok, do you know why I cant connect to winscp? I was able to before i did the second jailbreak.

Thanks

You have to install OpenSSH in Cydia before you can connect.

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon79 View Post
    You have to install OpenSSH in Cydia before you can connect.
    I know I had already done that, I also tried reinstalling. I also restarted my phone and my pc, and tried connecting tons of times.

Ok I finally got my phone connected to winscp and installed the mobile patch using this guide; Edit Poseidon: NO WARZEZ LINKS OR DISCUSSION!

I have installed an app from itunes store on my pc and on my phone. Not all of the apps synced onto my phone, some of my apps that I already had on my phone (like cycorder) disapeared, and most of my other apps go on and then exit to the home screen. Why is this happening?

Ok I figured part of it out, I removed the mobileinstall patch and now the apps that werent working are working. But cycorder is still missing, why?
    Last edited by nofinga911; 2009-06-06 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost