Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 1.1.3 Help

Default 1.1.3 Help
    Alright, so my friend is trying to jailbreak the iPhone, and he did something that made the screen appear (posted below).

I told him that he has to force the restore and connect to iTunes, but I'm not sure if that will work.

What's the solution to this problem?

Edit: He just told me that he did not attempt to unlock the iPhone yet, iTunes made this message appear.

"instead of incorrect sim card inserted ... it says. NO sim car inserted Insert and unlocked and vaild SIM to activate iPhone"

Last edited by acfusion29; 2008-03-11 at 08:08 PM.

there is no sim card inserted. does he need a sim to use ZiPhone?

Thanks

ziphone works, i think ibrickr works aswell. Don't panic, the phones not broken!

and yes leave the sim he wants to use in there
    Last edited by reeko; 2008-03-11 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

ok, well first of all, are you a mac or pc user? do you want to jailbreak it and use with any simcard around the world?

ok the thing reeko is is that he doesn't have a sim card yet. he got the iPhone from someone who found it and there was no sim card included. can he still use ZiPhone?

and cowboy, i'm on a Mac my friends on a PC, but i'll probably be doing it at my house.

Thanks

hate to break it to you but if he found it, chances are the IMEI number will get locked off and the phone become unuseable, i think.

if your looking to unlock and jailbreak it, just pop any sim card and run ziphone. i have never used ziphone but there are plenty of guides around for doing it, and it seems simple enough.

someone please correct me if im wrong, but on ziphone you have to restore the phone then run ziphone. (ie. restore in itunes to 1.1.4 then run ziphone to jailbreak/unlock it)

looking at the picture your gonna have to plug your iphone into your mac/pc and open itunes, then hold down the sleep/home button until the iphone options in itunes change to update/restore.

you then need to download FW 1.1.4 (from the DL section) and restore the iphone to 1.1.4 (hold shift+click restore on windows, not sure on mac )

you are then ready to run ziphone...

any more problems send me a PM.