Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: dowgrade 3.0 to 2.2.1 no service

Default dowgrade 3.0 to 2.2.1 no service
    i downgraded back down to 2.2.1 from 3.0 beta 5 and have no service unless i disable 3g in the network settings, is this normal? do i need to downgrade my baseband?
    thanks

iPhone? More like MyPhone drtybrd61's Avatar
    Thanks

yes you do. jailbreak your iphone and use the baseband down grader app
    Mafia Live Family Code: 143 035 642

Samething here, i have 5.09 boot loader and I've seen in many places you can not downgrade your baseband from 4.26 with 5.09 BL. Help please, no carrier problem here.

Thanks

If your bootloader is 5.09, you won't be able to downgrade your baseband.

Thanks

If your bootloader is 5.09 you have to turn 3g off in order to get any service.

well i cant dowgrade my baseband because my boot loader is 6.02. i do not want to just leave the 3g disabled as i am in and out of 3g service everyday. what can i do? what causes this? it has to be something with downgrading cause it worked befor with 2.2.1 and with 3.0
    Thanks
    Last edited by rdt1999; 2009-06-04 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

When you downgrade from 3.0 to 2.2.1, did you jailbreak it? And if so did you use quickpwn or pwnagetool? There is a place in there that say uncheck for activation.

am unclear on what you are saying... when i downgrade it gives me an error and i have to hold home then power then release home to rest iphone then it comes on. are you saying downgrade it then after it comes on jailbreak the 2.2.1 firmware and all 3g service will appear?
    thanks