Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: 3.0 beta 5 issues

Default 3.0 beta 5 issues
    For some reason, beta 5 refuses to install properly on my iPhone 2G. UDID is registered to my friend's developer account, yet every time I try to upgrade it to beta 5, it hangs at "Restoring iPhone firmware". Yet, I load up and restore to beta 4 and it finishes properly! Since the beta's expired it's only useful for testing purposes..

It doesn't even come up with the same disclaimer as beta 4 when you open the ipsw, "This will erase your iPhone and update it to 3.0 software" or something to that effect. It just hangs there on iTunes (8.2 full) and the loading bar on the iPhone fills up and apparently times out. iTunes give me a 1012 error and my iPhone's stuck in the pink restore mode.

Anyone have anything similar or have a fix? I've tried on every USB port and 3 different PCs (Windows).
    Last edited by ZeroShift; 2009-06-03 at 09:09 PM.

Bump
    What, no one has anything? I know it's close to WWDC but c'mon! Help a brother out!

No idea - wait til Monday when 3.0 is out.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Sure hope it comes out then..It's only a matter of hours now xD

I dont think OS 3.0 final might come out on monday...beta 5 is buggy.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

I am still betting on beta 6 coming out tomorrow and the final 3.0 releasing around the same time as the new iphone on July 17th

thats my guess also
    and thank you for all your help

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

No Problem. I am going to listen to the keynote over at the Apple store in the morning. I am very excited about the keynote.

Ditto. If they do seed another beta, maybe THIS one will work with my old 2G xD
    I can live with another beta for a week or two