Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak iphone 3G firmware 2.2.1 help!!

Default Jailbreak iphone 3G firmware 2.2.1 help!!
    Hi;

I recently purchase a used Iphone 3G and I am reading on the fourums and I am very confusing. I will like to unluck it because I dont have [email protected], I hace another company.
    I download quickpwn 2.2.5 but I have problems to run it on my computer (vista). Then I read that an Iphone with firmware will ne permanently locked? It is True?
    I just want to know a recommendation from you experts guys on this; what are or ios the best option for me? Can I install a custom firmware version 2.2.1 or other to jailbreak and unlock it using a software?
    Another cuestion is What software should I used to jailbreak my iphone.
    Thanks

Here are some facts: iphone 3G firmware version 2.2.1 baseband 02.30.03 serial starts with 5K9085....
    If you have any questions letme know.

Thanks in advanced

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Go to this thread, should answer your questions

Thanks

Well 2.30.03 baseband can not be unlocked. But if your bootloader is 5.08 then you can down grade the baseband to 2.28.xx, and then you will be able to unlock the phone. If you can't down grade the baseband, then you can use a sim adapter.

As Zwayne says, you need BB 2.28.00 to use YellowSn0w to unlock. The fact that your serial number starts 5K means it is a refurb unit so there is a possiblility that you have BL 5.8 so can downgrade your BB.
    First download Quickpwn 2.2.5-2 and jailbreak your phone then download FuzzyBBdowngrader from Cydia and see if you can downgrade your BB
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

bluesnowpr (2009-06-01)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

otherwise Turbo Sims are another option for ya too!