Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Stuck in a rut.. iPhone Unlock

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Stuck in a rut.. iPhone Unlock
    I bought an iPhone 3G last year at Besy Buy and bought the Black Tie Protection plan on it. It was running firmware 2.2 with the baseloader being 2.28.00 jailbroken and unlocked via yellowsn0w. The screen on my phone recently cracked in my bag so I went to Best Buy to get it replaced. After a month of waiting for my phone I received a refurbished unit. My problem is, it thats the refurbished unit is now currently at 2.2.1 firmware with a 2.30.00 baseloader. Those are the stock firmware and BL so (from what I know) I can't downgrade my BL to the 2.28.00. I downgraded to 2.2 but the BL stayed the same. Yellowsn0w doesn't work with any other BL but 2.28.00. Using Cydia I installed the package that lets it see if you are able to downgrade your BL and it said I'm not. IS there any other hope for me or am I doomed until yellown0w is upgraded.

Also, I've done some searches online and have (I hope) found a solution. I found what is called a Turbo Sim (the Gevey-3G and one from the maker Bladdox). How exactly do these sim cards function and will they work with my iPhone? Are there any other alternatives? Thanks again for your help.

Best regards,

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Welcome to MMi
    No other solution but using a turbo sim. Sorry
    I haven't heard real good things about the Grevey or Gevey but seems to work for some.
    I use the turbo sim as well as quite a few people I know, no big problems.
    They simply piggy back with your sim, they are wafer thin.

I should add they may be hope for us tho, the new 3.0 is coming out soon and devs are working hard on the unlock for that.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-05-31 at 06:25 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

rickms08 (2009-05-31)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default iPhone
    Ok, so then I should get the Turbo Sim? Will that work in Canada do you know? I'm with AT&T but studying over here so the SIM would be with Rogers.

Do you know the cost of the Turbo SIM and a reliable website I could order one from? I've heard there are many fakes out there.

Many Thanks,

X

Thanks

from what I have read here on the forum and also with the sims is that they will work for most any network. I feel pretty confidant it will work with Rogers.
    You can get turbo sims on ebay for under 10 bucks, in fact I just bought another myself.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

rickms08 (2009-05-31)

What's Jailbreak?
    Thanks

Default Thanks
    Thats really great news. I wasn't sure if it would work. I'm still not familiar with the SIM enough to determine if its real or not and I'm not too familiar with EBAY. Could I trouble you to maybe copy/paste a link for one of the auctions off of ebay or a trusted user?

Thanks again man, you've been a tremendous help.

X

Thanks

Here is a link from the guy I bought one from for my son and it works flawlessly for him.
    I'm not necessarily endorsing it of coarse this is only from my experience.
    Surely worth 10 bucks. There are many on ebay, search around.
    Enjoy..........O.o