Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to install previous firmware version?

I have downloaded the 1.0.2 files and put them in a directory on the desktop. I go thru the process of restoring the phone. When I push option+restore I can select the directory, but it wants me to select a specific file. Which one should I select as there are a number of files present!?

Same problem. If any one gets a 1.0.2 restore to work please post!

Quote Originally Posted by Warrenside View Post
    I have downloaded the 1.0.2 files and put them in a directory on the desktop. I go thru the process of restoring the phone. When I push option+restore I can select the directory, but it wants me to select a specific file. Which one should I select as there are a number of files present!?
    Trying to activate my iphone now and would also like an answer to this.

I really hope someone finds a way to downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2
    I understood that until now it can't be done because the modem version was changed when updated to 1.1.1. However how come we can't find a way to flash back the modem firmware ?

Thanks

because it took them 2months to figure out how to flash it in the first place....this is going to take time

your going to have to do a advanced search for firmware 1.0.2, with non-indexing box checked...if still you cant find it , just type that firmware into the search engine and download it, and make sure you make a special iphonemods folder so you can keep track of your files and unziped apps. but if you have 1.1.1 YOU CAN DOWNGRADE (NO SHIFT+RESTORE) IN ITUNES. APPTAPP, OR IBRICKR can jailbreak 1.1.1 but hopefully soon

Quote Originally Posted by damesio View Post
    I have firmware 1.1.1 in my new iphone and have tried several times to restore the 1.0.2 firmware (downloaded from here) and haven't been able to do so. After iTunes decompresses the files i get "An Unknown Error Has Ocuured" and the iPhone is not restored. I am still stuck with 1.1.1 and haven't been able to jailbrake, activate or unlock.

Heeelp Plis
    1.1.1 is a one way street. Once it's on your phone there is no going back to 1.0.X.

You'e not the first person I've heard that has a new phone with 1.1.1 on it. Mind if I ask where you got it? Apple store? Apple.com? ATT?

The speed with which phones are coming in with 1.1.1 on them lmost makes me think Apple stores are flashing the units on the shelves. Cellophane is cheap and easy to replace...

Quote Originally Posted by jerome2007 View Post
    I really hope someone finds a way to downgrade from 1.1.1 to 1.0.2
    I understood that until now it can't be done because the modem version was changed when updated to 1.1.1. However how come we can't find a way to flash back the modem firmware ?
    Even before 1.1.1 the efforts to 'virginize' unlocked phones was hit and miss. The end result was not always a re-locked phone. I don't think even the folks on the Dev team have reliably been able to reverse an unlock

This new firmware is encrypted so it's going to take a bit of time for them to figure out how to break it. And even then figuring out how to downgrade may not be a priority
    Last edited by Murfunit; 2007-09-29 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Je t'aime encore, Roguette

where did you guys buy the phones with the new updated software???

Quote Originally Posted by ryutaro View Post
    has any1 tried this "shift and click restore" thing??? has it worked?
    Can't get it to work kept getting a unknown error occurred(1) an i doing something wrong???

Default I Need Help!
    ok, i bought a 4gb iphone for $60, took it home and tryed to unlock it with AnySim, but it sayd unlock failed, i put the t-mobile card in anyways jus to check and it worked but the phone was freezing ALOT!!! i couldnt even use it...so i restored and tryed to unlock it again and it sayd it couldnt "locate bytes to patch"....i need to unlock my iphone for t-mobile or else its jus worthless to me...can anyone help me? thanx

If I have 1.0.2 on my phone, with 1.0.2 still in my folder, and i unplug all my internet/airports, and i restore, will it restore to 1.0.2?

I just bought an iphone...and I am having some troubles following Part 2 of the Unlocking Guide. Does anyone know how to check the firmware version currently installed on the iphone?

settings-->general-->about

Thanks

use the unlock.app in the download section to unlock iphone...you will have no problems.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by knickboy87 View Post
    settings-->general-->about
    Is that from iTunes or the phone?

The phone isn't activated or unlocked yet so I can't get to the menu there.

on the phone. u can see it on itunes on that iphone page

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12