Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Problem Restoring to Factory Defaults

Default Problem Restoring to Factory Defaults
    Here's the basic rundown of my problem.

- OS X 10.5.7
    - iPhone 3G

I originally had it jailbroken and currently trying to restore to factory default.

Errors out a little half-way through with 1013.

I've tried doing it via DFU mode (black screen), tried with iTunes logo and USB connector screen, I've tried building a custom firmware package via Pwnagetool. None of these heeded any sort of success.

When I would try to use the custom firmware, I would get error 2 or 23, I believe.

I'm on my dozenth attempt, or so, at restoring. I've tried on 2 other Mac's, 1 iBook G4 and a new style MacBook running 10.5.6, all of which give me the same 1013 error.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Please, pleeeeeease I am desperate at this point.

My iChat is "thisiskyleadams" so someone IM me so I can get this squared away ASAP.
    Last edited by ikyleadams; 2009-05-22 at 09:18 AM.

Error 1013 is when you are trying to restore an earlier version of the FW I believe. Just restore the correct FW and you should be fine.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

UPDATE: STATUS - FIXED

Okay, so after nearly 2-3 dozen attempts at restoring, rejailbreaking, re-something, I finally got it.

Not sure how, but what I did was downloaded the iPhone1,2_2.2_5G77_Restore.ipsw, drop that into PwnageTool 2.2.5 (or whatever the newest version is on Mac) and built a Custom Restore for it.

Now, like I said... I'm not sure why it worked this time over other times, but I did it in Simple Mode, NOT Expert Mode. Now, my iPhone is actually a working phone again, however it asks me to update my carrier settings, and I am downgraded officially to 2.2 firmware with a 2.90 Baseband I believe.

Hopefully my 9 hour endeavor can be useful to someone else at some point.