Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Can someone add the VM_Map fix to a jailbreak?

Default Can someone add the VM_Map fix to a jailbreak?
    saurik: As I've said a few times before, WinterBoard on 3.x can't work until the jailbreaks have the vm_map patch.
    Saurik says winterboard is fixed and ready for 3.0, provided that the kernel is patched for vm_map. He fixed the backgrounds, and other issues, but it's no good till we get a patched kernel.

Can someone with the knowledge of how to do this with the current jailbreak please do so, and release it so we can have winterboard back (I know winterboard lite works, but background images and UISounds are half of the appeal)

its already done bro just read thats all you have to do

http://www.modmyi.com/forums/general...ml#post4193041
    Mac Pro 2x2.66
    1.3 TB HDD
    6 GB RAM
    2x24" Dell 2405 monitors
    PowerBook 17"
    8GB Gen1 jailbroken Iphone
    16GB 3Gs white
    60 GB ipod

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

The patch wont be released for a while. Backgrounds and uisounds work great but there are still many bugs to fix before going public

4. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

gomisensei (2009-05-23)

Livin the iPhone Life mr.sparky's Avatar
    Thanks

Where the heck is that cyberslap button. Dude don't you think if it was that easy it would be done already? Now shut up stop crying and wait like the rest if us. But if you really need to have a working winterboard. GO BACK TO 2.2.1.

Thanks

^ lmao. mr.sparky has not patience for people asking for the patch. I am almost there myself. Thanks mr.s!

Thanks

NO. I don't. I don't see why everyone is being a penis and can't wait or refuse to go back to 2.2.1 if they NEED winterboard.

I'm thinking of upgrading to FW 3.0 so I too can not have winterboard
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

Thanks

LOL I flippin love it. I feel bad flamin a noob. But dam get with the program. Thank god I'm not a mod. I'd ban every person that asked for it or cried about they won't release it and there's no reason why.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.sparky View Post
    LOL I flippin love it. I feel bad flamin a noob. But dam get with the program. Thank god I'm not a mod. I'd ban every person that asked for it or cried about they won't release it and there's no reason why.
    First off, I did not demand answers, nor did I know that there was more to the issue than just the vm_map patch quick fix that saurik mentioned. I come to this forum for information, and at the time I posted this question, I could not find any other inquiries into this, so I posted a simple request. Now I see that it's become a flamewar type topic on the HUUUUGE 3.0 jailbreak thread.

I wouldn't say I'm technically a noob, new to this forum yes, but I've never needed to post many other questions, or ask for detailed walkthrus, or DEMANDED anything. I've used the forum as, well, a forum for information, which I assume is the intent and purpose of them, as opposed to a place where I can feel better about myself by attempting to demean others for NOT knowing everything.

Thanks for making me feel bad, though, it's just what I needed to pull me out of my noobiness!

Thanks

^ Sorry bro, its kind of a sore subject right now

Quote Originally Posted by StealthBravo View Post
    The patch wont be released for a while. Backgrounds and uisounds work great but there are still many bugs to fix before going public
    is there a thread (or site) i can find further info on all the controversy? The big one is a bit too diverse for me to glean anything besides some yelling...

Thanks

What is it that you have questions about? The last 3 pages of the big thread shed more light on the subject than any where else. I would be happy to answer anything.
    Last edited by StealthBravo; 2009-05-23 at 03:28 AM.

yeah, found it, I had just followed the link posted above, and was in the 200-ish pages, got lost in the middle...

and I use the 3.0 FW solely because it's the only way to stream bluetooth on the iphone, or i'D have to go back to my old SE to listen to music at work