Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgrade wifi problem

Default upgrade wifi problem
    hi

hope this is in right section...

upgraded my iphone and jailbreak to 2.2.1 and now i can not access any wifi so i downgraded to 2.2 and now the wifi will not pick up my home netgear router but when i spoke to my neighbor and testing theres it works fine and they use a belkin router.

any ideas.....

cheers

Thanks

Reboot your wifi router.

bhz1

done that and the iphone picks up the wifi signal (at the top of the screen) but when connecting to the internet or any other internet thing it says there is no internet access?

tried resetting the network on the iphone and its still the say.....

internet works finr on pc and laptop

Thanks

Maybe I didnt understand your first post- you said that your iphone works fine at your neighbors house? If so then its a communication issue between your iphone and your own wifi network.

There are a couple of options:

1: Temporarily disable your wifi network security and see if your iphone can connect. If so tehn you can try to re-enable your wifi security. I personally found that WPA-2 security works the best with my iphone.

2- get into your router settings and see if your IP address is resolving for your iphone. More than a few times- because I have dynamic IP addresses, if there are several wireless devices, occasionally I'll end up with teh iphone showing a "weird " ip address. If this is the case- try and get the iP address to resolve. In my case I ended up giving my iPhone a unique name as it would always show up as "new-hostx" x being a number. If this somehow changed, I couldnt connect to the internet.

Got the same problem dont know why

cheers i'll give it ago and let you know

cheers

checked the ip address and the iphone is completely differant from my pc i tried to change it in the static section but it doesnt work.

any way to change this

bhz1

i'll be trying the 2 options you put to me tonight

bhz1

i havent had time to try your last suggestions but i did find the ip address on the iphone is differant from my pc i tried changing it on the static wifi section but it wont work or keep the changed number
    Last edited by casper69; 2009-05-19 at 02:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by casper69 View Post
    checked the ip address and the iphone is completely differant from my pc i tried to change it in the static section but it doesnt work.

any way to change this

bhz1

i'll be trying the 2 options you put to me tonight

bhz1

i havent had time to try your last suggestions but i did find the ip address on the iphone is differant from my pc i tried changing it on the static wifi section but it wont work or keep the changed number
    Is you r iphone address different as shown from your pc in teh router settings than as shown on teh iphone? Thats is your problem. If you are saying the ip address is different than your PC's ip address - well it should be.

What you can try is to go into your iphone settings, press "wifi" then press teh little arrow on teh right of your wifi connection to get into the wifi settings. Press forget this network, close settings and reboot your iphone. Then try and reconnect to your network.

hey bhz1

i went back in to the router settings and changed the security to wep2 and this time it worked ????

but now my problem is that the wifi is really slow now and i say people disabled their routers security to make it faster but im really dont want to do that.

any ideas

cheers