Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: igenious or mod please help:/?

Green Apple
    Thanks

Default igenious or mod please help:/?
    ok let me start by saying i'm a idiot for even bothering with this because i already have one iphone 3g sitting in it's box because i loaded the newest version of itunes on it because i bricked it and then restored it without reading first and it has the 5.9 bootloader so i can't unlock it now, bogus. so i have been using my iphone 2g for the last year and a half fine, but i decided to re-jailbreak it with ziphone which was the original program i unlocked it with just not the same computer ( so possibly not the same version of ziphone) and it paused while the words are going across the black iphone screen and now my iphone is stuck on that screen. i've read a few other threads and saw this happened to multiple people, and the fix is to DFU restore it, i got that part. my question is if i restore the phone to the newest version of itunes will i be able to unlock it since it's a 2g or am i going to have the same problem as i am with my 3g? i have tmobile.

dont use the ziphone (can brick phone) instead use quickpawn

Thanks

A 2G will be able to be unlocked. Ziphone is an obsolete program - Use Quickpwn.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Sorry to hear your having problems. As far as your 2G you have no problem up-grading to 2.2.1.
    Here'a a link to everything you'll need.
    Good Luck

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Bo Troxell For This Useful Post:

NOTLONUF (2009-05-18)

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks for all your help guys, i have winpwn2.5 will that work? i can't find quickpwn for DL. if someone could post a link to DL quickpwn that would be a life saver. thanks again for all your help.

ok i found the dl for quickpwn on here and i downloaded quickpwn 3.0 Beta 5 Full because it was the most recent version of it. i have restored my phone but now it has the message " no sim card installed, insert a valid sim with no pin lock ". will the version of quickpwn i downloaded be able to jailbreak/unlock it?
    Last edited by NOTLONUF; 2009-05-18 at 04:06 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NOTLONUF View Post
    thanks for all your help guys, i have winpwn2.5 will that work? i can't find quickpwn for DL. if someone could post a link to DL quickpwn that would be a life saver. thanks again for all your help.

ok i found the dl for quickpwn on here and i downloaded quickpwn 3.0 Beta 5 Full because it was the most recent version of it. i have restored my phone but now it has the message " no sim card installed, insert a valid sim with no pin lock ". will the version of quickpwn i downloaded be able to jailbreak/unlock it?
    Winpwn 2.5 wll not work for firmware 2.2.1. The most recent firmware that Winpwn works for is 2.0.2 I believe.

You must download the correct version of Quickpwn for your firmware.

Here is the tutorial that will help you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to bhz1 For This Useful Post:

NOTLONUF (2009-05-20)

Green Apple
    Thanks

thanks for the link bhz1 but the 2 bootloader files the tutorial provides aren't working for download. i'm gonna search around to see if can find them available for DL somewhere else. if anyone has any recommendations feel free to link me up.

Green Apple
    Thanks

ok disregard my last post, i tried downloading from that same link you provided and i was able to download the 4 files i need. Now i have another problem though. i went through the quickpwn process and everything seemed to work fine but now my iphone is stuck in the brick mode except i do get phone service and i have the tmobile signal in the upper left corner. there's a message saying " different sim detected, please connect to itunes " and when i do that it says unsupported sim. So now im getting phone service but that is it, nothing else. any suggestions? also if i turn the phone off and take the sim card out and turn it back on, the phone is in it's normal state, it just says insert sim in the corner, but as soon as i do that i get the usb logo and it gives me the message " different sim detected, please connect to itunes" . i feel so close yet so far away.
    Last edited by NOTLONUF; 2009-05-20 at 06:10 AM.