Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: "Internet Tethering" settings disappeared!

Default "Internet Tethering" settings disappeared!
    Well I enabled USB tethering in Settings>General>Network, and then it disappeared! WHAT THE HELL?

you need to reload the .ipcc file in itunes.

Here's what you need to do to get the mms/tethering back........

1) Make sure you have itunes 8.2.0.10 - during install, it says its version 8.1.1

2) Find the .ipcc of your carrier - Rogers/Fido/AT&T are quite readily available online - other countries, they should be.

3) place the .ipcc file on the desktop

4) connect phone to computer

5) PRess SHIFT (keyboard) + update (itune) at the same time

6) point to the .ipcc file

7) It wil update carrier settings and after that disconnect and restart iphone and go to SETTINGS >>>>> Network u will see the options there for tethering and MMS
    Get iOS5.0 activations UNDER 5 MINS FLAT!!- PM ME

Forum member feedback

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

If you have the newest itunes (one that came with beta 5) you will have to ssh the carrier bundle in!

I know how to get the carrier bundle, I was just wondering what happened to it. One second it was there, and another second it wasn't.

UPDATE: I added the new bundle, and I noticed something new in the Network Settings tab. It said something about "Set Up Internet Tethering". I tapped on that, and it said I had to contact AT&T, then it went to the on/off screen.
    Last edited by gggguest; 2009-05-17 at 12:20 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost