Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak help.

Question Jailbreak help.
    When I first got my iPhone I jailbroke it. I have had no problems with it till it started to run slow. So I restored it to normal. Well I had XP on my computer then. Now I have a new one running Vista and I have tried to re-jailbreak my iPhone and it goes through all the processes and then gets stuck on the apple logo. It restarts by itself but always gets stuck on the apple logo. I have even used my friends computer that is running XP and it does the same thing. Any ideas.

in what FW are you? and with what are you jailbreaking it?

I am on 2.2.1 FW and using Quickpwn.

Thanks

Did you restore it as a new phone?

He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

And I would do this after I jailbreak it? Right?

You do this when your phone is stuck on the boot logo.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

The only time it is stuck on the apple logo is when I try to jailbreak it. If I go back and restore it to normal it works fine.

And your point is?

Ok just making sure.

Ok well that didn't work. Any other ideas?
    Last edited by riddick1224; 2009-05-16 at 12:28 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Why didn't it work?

I don't know. I did it just like it said. So I figured screw it. I'll wait for 3.0 OS. It is less than a month anyways.

If you do like bhz1 says and set up as a new phone then jailbrake then restore your backup it will work. The method I linked too just stops you having to do that but if it didn't work there's no need to give up.

FW 3.0 might not be out in less than a month, towards the end of June is my best guess.

How would I do that?

Restore FW v2.21 in iTunes then it asks if you want to set up as a new phone or restore from a previous phone. Select new phone. Then quickqwpn as usual. You will not get the SWOD. then when fully pwned go into iTunes and restore from backup.

That didn't work either. Thanks anyways.

!!!
    Last edited by riddick1224; 2009-05-16 at 11:21 PM.

'That didn't work' is not helpful. What didn't work?

It did the same thing. Just got stuck at the Apple Logo upon reboot after jailbreak.

Which version of quickpwn are you using? If you set up as a new phone then it shouldn't get stuck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast