Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: itunes won't restore my iphone 2g

Default itunes won't restore my iphone 2g
    I started off with a default firmware Iphone 2g 2.2.1

jailbreaked it, unlocked it, with Quickpwn2-2-1 and everything worked fine. I installed apps, made calls, text messages, no problem.

I installed categories & another app that starts with an "S", I forgot what its called.. long story short I ran categories and "S" then decided to do a reset on my phone and erase all content. After that, the phone stopped working.

It was stuck on the pineapple then I booted to DFU, opened up Itunes and it said I was in recover mode. It downloaded the 2.2.1 firmware and tried to restore it but I got an error "1611"

Now everytime I boot up the phone it shows the pineapple then goes to the stevejobs guy and stays there. I tried restoring the phone multiple times via Itunes with no luck. I even tried a custom 2.2.1 firmware and received the same error "1611"

any idea how I get my phone back?

Is it because I did a "reset and erase all content" on the phone when I wasn't supposed to?

I am in the process of trying to restore it via Itunes on a different computer (Same itunes version)

Let me know if you can think of anything else.

Thanks!

quick update

I'm in the process of restoring my phone on my other PC and I finally see the progress bar in action. On the other PC the progress bar was stuck at 0% but now its moving.

Hope this works
    Last edited by jerseymadden; 2009-05-15 at 05:45 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

I believe you are doing it correctly, you'll have to put in it DFU and restore.
    Here's how I do it.

Step 1. Turn off iPhone

Step 2. Hold down the power and home button.

Step 3. When you see the Apple logo, release the power button but continue holding the home button down.

Step 4. Open iTunes and wait for it to tell you that itís in restore mode.

Alternative Method:

Step 1. Connect iPhone to USB then listen to the sound when it connect and disconnect.

Step 2. Hold the home and power buttons until hear the disconnect sound then release power button.

Step 3. Wait until you hear another sound then release home button.
    Last edited by Bo Troxell; 2009-05-15 at 05:52 AM.

the restore via Itunes on another PC did the trick

thanks for your input though

Thanks
    Thanked 12,540 Times in 7,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jerseymadden View Post
    the restore via Itunes on another PC did the trick

thanks for your input though
    No problem. Welcome to MMI !!