Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Recovery Mode

Former Owner / Founder of ModMyi Kyle Matthews's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,905 Times in 1,247 Posts

Default Recovery Mode
    How to enter Recovery Mode (on an activated or unactivated iPhone):

1) Connect the iPhone to your computer.

2) Hold down the Power and Home buttons. The iPhone will reset. CONTINUE holding the buttons down for 20-25 seconds. Do not release the buttons during the reboot process.

The iPhone should have an error icon and a message saying "Please connect to iTunes":

A dialog box should appear in iTunes saying "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.":

Phone will return to 100% normal working order after holding Home+Power for a few seconds (5-10)

iPhoneDevWiki

↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ← → ← → B A [select] [start] Kyle Matthews

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kyle Matthews For This Useful Post:

almyz125 (2009-05-04), vinodis (2007-10-31)

would this mean that if the phone was already unlocked by anysim, the unlock would survive the restore since im restoring to the same FW (1.1.1)

yeah...i unlocked with anysims too...if i restore do i have to redo anysims?

Unhappy :confused:
    Hi everyone!

So i bought an iphone a few weeks ago allready unlocked with 1.0.2 on it.. and today after a lot of reading, decided to get Installer App on my iphone. everything went well untill the very end when i got the recovery mode message! i have no problem connecting it to itunes and getting to the recovery mode face but if i do proceed and RESTORE the iphone, does this mean my unlocked i phone will become locked!?!?!?!? and if so, could i some how unlock it myself later on again???

i am very worried since this was a big investment and i hope its not gone with the wind!

i appreciate your time and help!!

Thank you in advance!!!

easy as pie..1.1.4 running

Im stuck on this BSD root md0, major 2, etc screen. Recovery mode makes itunes notice the phone for about 10 seconds. then it just goes back to the black screen, whether I hold down the buttons anymore or not.

Help!

hi all, iTune 7.7 or 7.6 detects my phone in recovery mode but after that iphone was disconnected, I tried many times but nothing change.
    now my Iphone shows a mode like "USB cable pointing to CD" whenever i turn on my phone.
    all the time connect and disconnect.
    Please help me to figure out what kind of problem is that ?

i have unlocked iphone already and would not read the sim now it just satys on the sceen saying itunes and the cord connected and could only make emergency calls how do i even get my home screen back on my phone that wont even come up

i need help please
    Last edited by i got it; 2008-07-31 at 08:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Thanks
    Thanked 1,681 Times in 1,159 Posts

Sounds like your phone is in a factory state.. you need to activate/unlock/jailbreak it.

Thank you so much! looks like it has worked for me! thank you so much!

HI, please help. I have an unlocked iphone. I wanted to deleted all contents and settings. I pressed the button to do this. The phone has gone into wheel of death. Under this it says recovery mode. Can I restore back ?? Thank you so much in advance....I am now at a loss after trying many ways to fix this,