Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Jailbreak -No IPSW file in 2.21 software zip

Default Jailbreak -No IPSW file in 2.21 software zip
    Jailbreaking. Yeah I know it should be simple, so I thought, but the trouble is that when I download the 2.21 software package (which you need to use with quickpwn) there is no IPSW file in the zip file I downloaded. There is also no IPSW file in the application data/apple computer/Itunes folder on my computer either. I would like to jailbreak my phone but I looked for about an hour for the IPSW file and downloaded the 2.21 software package about 3 times from different places and there is no IPSW file in the zip so I can't get past that step in Quickpwn. Really frustrating. Can anyone help me?

I have Iphone 3g with 2.21/2.30 already installed. Using Windows XP.
    Last edited by Jim5818; 2009-05-10 at 11:02 AM. Reason: typo

You can download the firmwares from here:-

Apple Forums & iPhone Forums, Mods, Hacks, News, Themes, Downloads, and more! | ModMyi.com - Downloads - Firmware

What browser are you using to download the firmware - .ipsw is just Apples version of a .ZIP file so if the .ZIP file has some .plist files in it amongst others close the file and rename it from .ZIP to .IPSW and you can then use it.
    iPhone 5s 64gb iOS 7
    rMBP 15" 16gb 500gb
    @c0ff33a and @PhoneMainiac

Default Thanks -Jailbreak success changed .zip to .IPSW
    Thank you. I'm suprised that they don't include that bit of information in the online tutuorials. Being a Windows user I would never have thought that you just change from .zip to .IPSW