Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: How to backup and restore a jailbroken iPhone

Default How to backup and restore a jailbroken iPhone
    I'm needing to take my iPhone into Apple due to a cracked case...so I need to remove the jailbrake and restore it to Apple only software,...I know how to do that....
    What I need to know is how to backup my current jailbroken phone and then restore it or restore my settings to a new iPhone (depending on the outcome of the warranty)

Surely there is a way to back this up and restore it. I wish I could just mount this as a USB drive and copy and paste all the contents.

Can somebody help me? Thanks.

App backup or aptbackup (doesn't work with 2.21) will help but all they do is reload your cydia apps - not all the settings.
    There is no way to do a full backup of cydia apps and get your new phone the same as your old phone if you have customised it.
    He who asks a question looks foolish for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask a question remains foolish forever.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to confucious For This Useful Post:

thehotrod (2009-05-06)

Thanks
    Thanked 5,329 Times in 3,113 Posts

^ +1

I like the idea of installer but wish saurik would do something like that for cydia so you could install everything in one pass.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to StealthBravo For This Useful Post:

thehotrod (2009-05-06)

That's dissappointing. Why isn't there something so we can just back it up like a usb drive or I'd love to have something like Sprite Backup or something where I can backup per application settings and game saves.

Backup and restore on the iPhone is the ONE thing I miss from my Windows Mobile Phone.

And Thanks for replying and your advice.