Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: DFU without Sleep button on 2.2.1

Default DFU without Sleep button on 2.2.1
    Hi,
    At the moment, I have a dodgy sleep button, and I was wondering:

Can I go into DFU mode in 2.2.1 without using any buttons AKA the iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu method?

Also, on Pwntool, I have to click "the phone hasn't been pwned before" in order for the DFU restore to work. If I just click DFU mode when I open pwntool, itunes refuses to restore the jailbroken software with the 1600 error.

Any Mac or Windows solutions will be great!

Michael

I'm having the same problem, with no luck so far. Tell me if you get an answer!

Try to use iBSS.m68ap.RELEASE.dfu method,it sometimes works or not.
    For 1600 error;on osx,try mkdir ~/Library/iTunes/”Device Support”.If that directory is already there,try removing any files in it...

Not to thread hijack, but when i try doing this, all it did was put it in recovery mode...
    Last edited by seth234; 2009-05-04 at 11:38 PM.

Thx for highlighting - anyone got the button free DFU mode version to work with the iphone 2G firmware 3.0 on a windows system?

in a standard the script is waiting / looking for the phone - not finding it.
    I exchanged the " iTunesMobileDevice.dll" after the iTunes 8.2 install in the DFU directory - bang, it finds the iPhone. Though crashes right after!
    the script than tries to boot the Iphone.
    The iphone does something and gets back to the recovery mode - without the emergency slide.

any ideas? am desperate in order to get my phone back - and have no working power button...

appreciate any ideas!