Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: upgrading to 2.2.1

Default upgrading to 2.2.1
    Hello,

I currently own an iPhone 3G 2.1 and jailbroken with quickpwn (i think). I jailbroke it on a pc.

I wanted to upgrade my iphone to 2.2.1 and I was wondering:

- will upgrading my iPhone to 2.2.1 through iTunes have bad effects on the phone? (because it was jailbroken and all...)

- does upgrading the firmware delete my other settings and files? (eg music, italk recordins, contacts, calendar,...)

The thing is, I have jailbroken my phone a long time now, I really like it, customizing a lot of things. But sometimes it acts weird and I'm afraid of losing some valuable stuff (recordings for example).
    Nevertheless, I will jailbrake my phone again, because I need:
    - lockcalendar
    - cycorder
    - SSH'ing into my phone
    - and perhaps some other things i can't think of right now

I've installed numerous apps and random stuff on my phone and i think it's to much. The things I listed above are the most essential for me.

Any recommended ways for jailbraking my phone after i upgrade to 2.2.1? I'm using a Macbook white by the way ^^.

I hope my post wasn't to confusing, and thanks in advance.
    Loxkun
    help me with my school survey ! ^_^
    http://www.modmyi.com/forums/chit-ch...ml#post3767281

Thanks

before upgrading to 2.2.1, make sure you wont need to unlock your iPhone as upgrading to 2.2.1 upgrades the baseband, which disallows you to use yellowsn0w. If you dont need to unlock your iPhone, then ignore that .

Always before upgrading, you should do a full restore of your current firmware, so if you are on 2.1, then restore your iPhone to 2.1, and then proceed with upgrading to 2.2.1

i use windows, and use quickpwn to jailbreak and install cydia etc.
    it is available for mac, so check it out.
    Dev-Team Blog - QuickPwn (scroll down to the bottom of the page to find QuickPwn links

and ofcourse after upgrading to 2.2.1, you are able to still do those 4 things you listed.