Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Please someone tell me there's something I can do to fix my iPhone!

Default Please someone tell me there's something I can do to fix my iPhone!
    Okay, I have a HUGE problem. I was wondering if I could go to 1.1.1 and have it work, and I saw this http://acujo.com/tutorials/how-to-do...software-only/ and went through the steps and at the last step had a problem, I posted the error at the end of the page and 2 people also had this error. Well I accidently restored back to 1.1.1 and I got an error saying "There is a problem with your iPhone" "We're sorry, the iPhone you've connected is damaged and cannot be activated for service. We recommend you visit the nearest Apple Store for more information. To find an Apple Store near you, click here." So I then went back to 1.1.3 hoping everything would be fine and I could just be sitting at 1.1.3. Well, I got that again.
    Please, someone, tell me there's something I can do to repair my iPhone.

I have no idea what to do now....
    Oh iPhone came with 1.1.2 out of the box.

iPhone? More like MyPhone
    Thanks

I just looked at that guide you followed... looks long and complicated, with lots of room for error. Try using ZiPhone. Simple, easy. www.ziphone.org

Try the Refurbish button. If that completes successfully then install whatever firmware you want. If that doesn't work, use ZiPhone to put the phone into DFU mode, try restoring 1.1.4. If that takes care of your error message then go from there. (I don't know if you want jailbreak / unlock, but use ZiPhone for everything)

Dunno what to say other than that... Look at the options in ZiPhone and do what you think might work. It sounds like your phone is in a bad state right now, so I wouldn't worry about making it worse. Good luck!
    Last edited by ASar08; 2008-03-10 at 01:44 PM. Reason: More info.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to ASar08 For This Useful Post:

BecomingxInsane (2008-03-10)

Thank you so much!
    I used ZiPhone and after a while went to 1.1.3 and about half way through the refurbish I got a signal and EDGE at the activation screen along with a few text messages. I let it finish though and I still had the screen saying it was damaged in iTunes. I did ZiPhone again and got to the point where I got a signal with my SIM and then stoped the process and took out the iPhone. Then I jailbroke/activated and was good. Thanks again!