Your favorite Apple, iPhone, iPad, iOS, Jailbreak, and Cydia site.

Thread: Broken Sleep button, still jailbreakable?

Default Broken Sleep button, still jailbreakable?
    The sleep/wake button on my iphone is broken, and as of now it is legit. I want to jailbreak so i can dl ihome, which i heard, can lock/sleep/turn off the ipod.

However, i have a couple of questions.

How am i supposed to jailbreak if I cant press the home button to force it into DFU mode?
    How do i turn it on? ( I guess i could live with it on always)

And since i got it from a friend, and i have a ATT sim card with a data plan, will i have to pay anything extra?

Would i need to unlock? What benefits would that provide me?

Also, once jailbroken(if possible), is there some sort of toggle that i could use to make the silent switch the lock/power button?

Default Yes...
    Okay, to jailbreak you can use blackra1n, its a hands-off jailbreak and it worked for me. all you need to do is hit the button on the app. It hardly needs instructions, but its easy to find out everything on google search

Quote Originally Posted by markubiak View Post
    Okay, to jailbreak you can use blackra1n, its a hands-off jailbreak and it worked for me. all you need to do is hit the button on the app. It hardly needs instructions, but its easy to find out everything on google search
    It depends entirely on what version of firmware you are on?
    which phone 3G or 3GS?

Quote Originally Posted by seth234 View Post
    The sleep/wake button on my iphone is broken, and as of now it is legit. I want to jailbreak so i can dl ihome, which i heard, can lock/sleep/turn off the ipod.

However, i have a couple of questions.

How am i supposed to jailbreak if I cant press the home button to force it into DFU mode?
    How do i turn it on? ( I guess i could live with it on always)

And since i got it from a friend, and i have a ATT sim card with a data plan, will i have to pay anything extra?

Would i need to unlock? What benefits would that provide me?

Also, once jailbroken(if possible), is there some sort of toggle that i could use to make the silent switch the lock/power button?
    An alternative is to buy a new home button of ebay for really cheap and fix it yourself
    Last edited by fc97accord; 2010-09-23 at 11:37 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

blackra1n is universal, ive tried it on my ipt 1g and iphone 2g and it worked great! If u know otherwise plz tell me

although i agree fc97, just get a new home button
    Last edited by markubiak; 2010-09-23 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by markubiak View Post
    blackra1n is universal, ive tried it on my ipt 1g and iphone 2g and it worked great! If u know otherwise plz tell me

although i agree fc97, just get a new home button
    I would say jailbreakme.com is more universal than blackra1n. I thin blackra1n only goes up to a 3GS 3.1.3

Jailbreakme currently goes up to iP4 4.0.1